CHAPTER 33

The Doctor rushed into the ward and announced to us that a donor has been found; it happened that this donor is a Senegalese.

Jessica is a cancer patient (last stage ovarian cancer); she has in the past had four successful major surgeries (breast cancer, brain tumor 2 times, and intestinal cancer respectively) within the period of 8 years. When she was diagnosed of ovarian cancer six months ago she insisted on going through the knife again, but then her doctor insisted that her body is too weak for any surgery now.

She got angry and resulted to her consuming tons and tons of alcohol. She stopped taking her medications and even refused seeing her doctor for the usual checkups. Two months ago she drank and drove at night; she had an accident and was rushed back to the hospital. It was already late as her white blood cells had become low and her liver was damaged.

She had a concussion and pieces of glass went through her eyes and head, and punctured some of her vessels. In the course of the emergency surgery conducted on her by the neuro surgeons she blead profusely. Her doctors detected in the course of the surgery that she her brain had burnt out, even if they were able to successfully conduct the surgery, Jessica will never recover fully.

The surgery affected sight and her hippocampus shrunk to a maximum amount; if she was able to wake up finally she won't be able to see. She will also have a severe case of dementia or Alzheimer disease.

She was moved to the ICU, she was cared for and the doctors waited patiently for her to wake up. She was put in oxygen and her family prayed for a miracle to happen; her dad wanted them to ease the girl's pain by letting her die but her mom refused. She had faith that Jessica will survive somehow.

For two months she remained in vegetable state, her dad tried reducing her pain by removing the oxygen from her mouth, but somehow he was caught by the mom who begged him to give the girl time to fight for her life.

Jessica showed no signs of survival, infact her chances of survival was less than 10 percent, but still her mom believed that a miracle could still happen.

Two days later she had a seizure which lead to her bleading profusely again from her surgery area. Her wound got infected and she had sepsis, the doctors were about rushing her back to the surgery room, but her dad refused.

He said that there was no need.
"Let the girl rest" he said
"No, never the mom screamed.

She fainted and was given a bed in the out patient ward. The doctor told the dad about Ruth's case and he for some reason he felt pity and signed  papers, therefore giving the doctors right to harvest her bone marrow and give it to Ruth.

While he was about signing the documents her mom woke up and with tears told them to harvest other parts that could save others; they felt it won't be bad to save others since they couldn't save theirs.

They believe that she has suffered a lot and needed maximum rest now; they signed papers to use her good organs to save those that could be saved. She is a match for Ruth, so her bone marrow was harvested and sent down to the hospital. It arrived here a day later and God having it, Ruth was saved.

Ruth was saved, but then my relationship with my kylie became contaminated after the incident. she complained severally about my "nonchalant attitude", as she called it. She barely spoke to me despite all my efforts to make it work; I tried conversing with her, but each time she gave me the "I don't need the conversation vibe".

She visited the hospital like it was her family there; it annoyed me each time that she was allowing irrelevant things affect our relationship negatively.  she leaves the house very early in the morning and came back late, looking all tired and stresses.

When I tried forcing a discussion with her she stormed out of the house and didn't return that day; I called her aunt and she told me to come over to the house that evening so that we all can sit down and discuss the issue. Aunty Benita tried to convince her to listen, but she refused to come back to me.

After many trials and many failures I decided to let her be for the meantime while still praying that she comes around. I got a call from my PA informing me of an urgent business trip that needed my urgent attention; the trip was to last for four days. I went back to aunty Benita's to inform them of the trip, hoping that Kylie will let bygone be bygone and come along with me, but she won't even look my way.

I wasn't very much pleased at what is going on, and so I rushed to Ruth's and pleased with her to undo what she did to Kylie, and also to end their friendship. I spoke to her in the calmest tone ever and warned her in the most threatening tone ever.

Her parents promised to help me out, considering the fact that I stood by them when their daughter was sick. I traveled back home that very day, picked up James and together we went for the business trip in Russia.

When I got back home from the trip; I dialed Kylie's number so many times but she won't pick up. I opened my door, dropped the key and switched on the light; the house felt as if someone entered there and so I went into my cabinet and picked up my gun. I tiptoed into the bedroom only to find Kylie and Gift sleeping peacefully on the bed.

They were fast asleep, and so I couldn't wake them up, I sat on the bed and admired my girl from my sitting position. i professed my undying love to her while she slept, hoping that she doesn't hear me, not knowing she was awake.

"Are you sure your love will never die" she asked and stood up to face me.

I couldn't help but laugh at her childishness.

"Never" I told her.

"I love you so much, just that I am scared that something might happen and you will leave me" she said.

"I will never do that to you, my baby, or Gift; you are my family today and forever" I told her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

BACK TO OUR WEDDING DAY.......