CHAPTER 22

They asked if I had an evidence showing that CRAYON was involved in the crime, and I told them about the guys that have been tracking me.

They wanted solid evidence, but I feared they might destroy it, so I refused to let it out.

They brought in Kylie and threatened to hurt she and Gift if I don't speak, so I told them that my lawyer will submit the evidence the next day.

I made a copy of everything which I hid in the room that was booked with a different name. My lawyer went with the police and retrieved the copies which the reviewed. In the file they retrieved was a USB that contains all my findings, many of which I had already sent to the police.

As if I knew there might be a hijacking on the road; the police vehicle was surrounded as they were returning. The driver was killed, as well as some of the entourage.

Detective Bridget must have suspected it, so she switched the USB at the hotel, took the copy and released the fake to the men who were supposed to take them to the police.

She came back very angry; she asked me who the guys were and I told her to review the documents that they retrieved. She told me that the police car was hijacked and the files were stolen.

I told her that they should find the mole in their office first, if they want to solve the case. If they didn't have a mole, I didn't see how the bad guys found out about the documents.

She showed me the USB she retrieved and asked what was inside; I was shocked that she had it.

She opened it and viewed it with two other officers; she promised to help me regain my status, and I believed her.

The next day I was surprised seeing strange faces in the interrogation room; when I asked I was told that detective Bridget had been taken off the case.

"My name is Malcolm, I am the new officer in charge" the rough faced officer said

I didn't like him from the onset; maybe it was his look or something, but something about him felt just so wrong.

He was the harsh and tough type; he called me a criminal more times than I could count, and I no time my name changed to CRIMINAL

I smelt fowl play in the house; I knew that if care wasn't taken I might loose my family. Before I was arrested I told James to send the footage, tapes and documents to the internet if I wasn't released in the next 3 days.

He did it; the evidence surfaced and the state became roudy. I and my family were released and the criminals were apprehended. It turns out that the mole was officer John; he is the step son of the CEO CRAYON GROUP. He was planted into the force to monitor and report back any suspicious movements to the pack.

He was arrested, along side some of the the criminals in the list. The rest tried to flea the country, but were apprehended and arrested. They claimed innocent, but the video proved otherwise.

The police decided to now investigate deeply and tried hard to put the criminals behind bars.

The C.E.O was released 7 years later as he had kidney failure and was booked for surgery.

My company regained back our strength, and was opened again for business; dad retired and told me to run the company. According to him love has made me to grow up the more.

We booked our reception hall, went for outfit testings, bought gifts, and we're ready to be wedded. I couldn't believe that soon I would be wedded to the love of my life in holy matrimony,  in the presence of God, our friends and well wishers.

The thought of how our family would soon increase made me so much more happier. Kylie decided to take up an online to study business; I begged her to wait until she puts to bed, but she refused.

She said that now that her parents killers have been caught, and avenged, she is free to be happy; she didn't want to waste time at all. I was very happy for her.

We had a bouncing baby boy 5 months after our wedding. Kylie kept on nagging to me that I was the reason why her stomach protruded in her dress; I too agree, but then my child isn't a burden.

"We can have another wedding after the baby is born" I told her.

"How is that possible' she asked

"Everything is possible o, remember we have enough money for that" I told her.

" You promised o, don't change your mind later" she told me

"In fact we will have it every year" she said

"We can even have it everyday if you like" I told her

"I love you too" I told her

"I never said that I love you" she said

"But I know you do" I told her smiling

She begged severally, and then finally told me that she loves me.

"How much is your love for me" I asked her

"100%" she said

"Why 100% when mine is the highest highest number" I asked her

" I love you bonus more, fool" she said

"My love for you is immesurable" she said and dragged my face closer for a kiss.