chapter 4

It was supposed to be funny , but I still couldn’t laugh at all; I just pitied the lady though.

According to the information I got, the girl left the company a week after the humiliation.

“Who won’t run away though”

I already have too much on my plate currently to now put myself under a drama king.

It was strange though, the thought of why he decided to hire a dirty looking and unorganized single mom like me is still baffling me.

According to gists he hires big, neat, and classy girls as cleaners, and secretary; with my kind of resume I didn’t know if I should agree to work directly under him o.

There is an increment in salary, and that I sure love. What I don’t know if I can do is to stay one minute without working, and that is why I have two part time jobs.

He wants to hire me as a full time cleaner, and errand girl.

I just stood still for minutes without replying, I was lost in thoughts of how I could possibly manage the job.

“Miss kylie, Miss Kylie, I heard a calm gentle voice call me. I shook, looked up, and realized that Mr. Michal was still waiting for my answer.

“I can’t do it, I told him”.

“you can’t do what in particular”, he asked me.

“I can’t work for you” I said

“and what is your reason, if it is about your salary, I promise to top it up” he said

“even at that, I can’t still work for you” I told him and was about leaving when he spoke up again

“ you are owing me, have you forgotten, your hospital bill, I borrowed you the money”, he counted.

“I didn’t have the whole money to pay him back. I thought he will give me time to repay him, I never thought he is so cheap.

“who even told him to take me to an expensive hospital”. I felt the urge to strangle him, but I endured.

I begged him to give me time to gather his money but he refused; he insisted I worked for him, or pay him immediately.

“But I never begged you to take me to such expensive hospital” I told him.

“are you shouting at me right now” he asked

“I took a deep breath, and then I knelt down to beg him.”

He said that my current action is the reason  why he doesn’t want to let me go with his money.

He claims I will run away without paying him back. I tried to convince him other wise but he is too arrogant and stubborn to listen to anyone other than himself.

“Pay me now or work for me, that way I can guarantee to get my money back” he said.

That moment I could see a loan shark in him; I feared to get in his bad side, so I agreed to work for him.

“You are to resume this moment”, he says

“Now? I asked surprised

“ No, later” he said sounding cocky.

He left afterwards; I couldn’t imagine I could get entangled with some money freak like him.

Elizabeth and the rest came and pated my shoulder in a way I could feel they are pitying me.

“chai you have entered his trap”, Margret said.

What is making me feel worse is the fact that some ladies wishes to be in my shoe. I don’t know what is fun about working for a rich man that acts very poor.

“Shallow minded bastard”, I said in a low tone.

It was nearing 2:00pm and Gift would soon be back; I became paranoid concerning how to look after him while working for Mr. Michal.

In my old working place my boss had no problem with me bringing Gift to work; Mr. Michal looks and acts as if he will have a big problem with it. I already feels as if the two of us will quarrel from the first day of resuming work as his personal cleaner.

Little Gift can be quite a playful kid, and I won’t want to deny him fun time, as my parents never denied me one. Besides I am the reason why he has no parents to look after him. If I have to play his mom, I thought I should play it very well.

Mr. Michal wasn’t at work all day, he came back at exactly 6pm and dismissed me for the day.

At first he wanted me to stay until he was done reviewing some documents, so that  I can clean the place, but I objected.

I begged him to let me go for the day as I needed to bath Gift,  make his dinner and put him to sleep early.

“Can’t his dad do all that” he asked
I couldn’t answer him, as the question sounded out of point to me. Anyways he allowed me to go, although he almost nagged my ears out before doing so.

I suffer from severe case of insomnia (lack of sleep at night), and that is depressing. Every night I have mental breakdowns, I feel like the ghost of my late parents and brother are very angry with me, and as such are causing me sleepless nights.

In this kind of situation people cry, lament, mourn out, or do something that could ease the pain. I on the other hand couldn’t cry; I lost the ability to do all those.

Actually why I took the job to work directly under Mr. Micah is because he brought out something in me that was buried 2 years ago after my parents death.

He made me to feel anger, and the anger initiated me to curse him. I felt as if he could save me from myself the way nobody else could.

They next day was Saturday and there was no work; I planned to go talk to my boss at the restaurant, but something unexpected happened. Mr Michal called me very early in the morning to inform me that I am to come to work the next morning.

He said that some delegates were coming over by 6:00am, and he needed his office to be sparkling clean before they came. I felt a boiling anger and hatred for him in me; I wished I could kill him that instant, but as usual it was all a dream.

I wanted to insult him, and probably tell him that I quit, but somehow I said ‘okay sir’. foolish right? Me too I know so.