CHAPTER 24

We drove home that day smiling and laughing; for once in my life time I was scared. Scared that things might go wrong with my peace and happiness; I knew that if I don't handle it now, then I might loose everything to that evil bitch, Sandra.

"Not again, I will settle this issue once and for all" I thought

I looked at kylie and she too looked at me, them she smiled at me.

"Fuck" I murmured

"Is anything the matter" she asked me

"At all" I told her with a smile on my face.

Kyle is the best thing that ever happened to me, ever and I can't loose her.

"I love you very much" I told her

"I know, dear, and I love you more" she said

"Am too tired" she told me

"Me too" Gift said

Aunty Benita chuckled and rubbed her palm on Gift's hair.

As soon as we got home I freshened up and then put Kylie to sleep; then I picked up my phone and called James. I asked him to meet me at POTENT bar immediately.

I picked up my car key and was about to leave the house when Aunty Benita stopped me.

"Who Is she" she asked

"Who are you talking about, ma" I asked her, acting surprised

"I mean the lady from before, and don't give me the excuse that you don't know her, cos I know you both are familiar with each other" she said.

"She is a lady I used to know" I told her honestly

"But I have nothing to do with her now" I added

"And why is she here now" she asked me

"That I don't know for now, but I will find that out and settle it all before the wedding" I told her In assurance.

"Kylie had been through alot In the past and I am happy that she is happy again; note that any wrong move from you is going to shatter her completely" she warned

"Better settle this fast before she finds out on her own" she told me.

I too know that this situation isn't a good one, and any wrong move might destroy not just me, but also Kylie, the one I claim to love and promised to protect with my life.

I entered into the car and drove to POTENT bar; on getting there I sighted both James and Sandra sitting together and awaiting my arrival.

" Why are you here, you devil" I asked sandra, very furious and ready to pounce on her, but then James stopped me.

"What do you freakingly want from me, haven't you done enough harm already" I asked her with tears in my eyes.

"You know, I was calm in the past, but now I will not stand and watch this evil bitch destroy all I worked hard to build" I told James.

I expected her to say something like she isn't here for me or have evil plans hatched against my happiness, rather she giggled and acted as if nothing I am makes sense to her.

"How much do you want to get the fuck out of my life completely" I asked her.

"Money? You want to offer me money? She asked angrily

"Yes money, if you aren't looking for money, then for what other reason are you here" she asked.

"First of all, I am not here for your money, in fact I have more money than you ever have, home and abroad" she said

"Then why are you here" I asked

"Secondarily, I can see that the Almighty Micah is in love, and I wonder how she was able to pull this true" she said sarcastically

"Thirdly, you should be grateful to me for pulling your ass out of prison, and for saving your fucking company; I guess that is something that your lovely girlfriend can never be able to offer you" she said

"What are you talking about" I asked her

"Wait, you mean James didn't tell you before asking for my help; he practically knelt down and begged me to help save your company from going bankrupt" she said

"James, James, what is she talking about" I asked him.

"It's true, sir; all she said is true" he said

"Actually things were so tough, our investors were pulling out and besides things weren't also going well with your side; it was then that she came forward and asked to help.

I refused at first, but then seeing how the investigator in charge of your case was changed and Kylie was arrested, I knew that things might get rough if I don't do something, so I accepted her offer.

And besides she said that she wanted to pay you back for all the wrongs she did to you, and the damages she made to your life" he explained.

That moment I knew what they said that someone can make a deal with the devil, even without their knowledge. That happened to be the situation I was in; a deal was struck with the queen of hell without my knowledge. To think I trusted James and rated him high, now see where the trust has landed me into.

"Why, why the fuck did you let this bitch fool you; is it that you don't know who she is and all that she did to me in the past; she nearly killed me, James.

I turned to face Sandra who had gone to get a drink for her; looking at sandra one won't know what a demon she is; she happens to be the deadliest psycho I have ever come across in my lifetime.

Nothing on this earth will ever take me back to the day I met her, or should I say, the day she discovered me.

I watched her as she catwalk gently to us; I looked round and saw how stupid men stared at her like she is the star and the moon.

Honestly I pity the guy that she will remember.

"Okay first, what do you want for me" i asked her

"What I want? And who said that I want something from you, Micah" she asked

"For Christ sake you are old news"
"Who will want to drink.....  when there is ...." She asked and smiled to James.

Honestly everything that is happening is shocking me; Sandra can never say that she doesn't want something from me; she has chased me around and took everything I had for years, before finally she was given restraining orders against approaching me 7 years ago.

That was after she jammed me down with her car; her family made me settle with just restraining order, and thankfully since them I haven't seen her, until today.

"Is it possible that someone can change just like that" I wondered

"I don't understand" I asked her

" I know you must be thinking that I helped your company because I still am after you, but that is not the truth; I helped your company because truly I want to make amends for all the bad that I did to you in the past.

"It is not true, sandra, what do you want" I asked again.

She said the same thing, and even told me to make a recording of everything; she said that she will never bring up today and the help ever again.

I was shocked; I looked at James who in turn looked at me.

"What is really going on" I asked.

"Nothing, I nearly died two years ago in a plane crash; I was in coma for 6 months, so I got to understand that life isn't mine.

" Am sorry" she apologized.

I nearly believed her, but then she said something that made me change my mind.

"And besides I fell in love with someone; he is the only face that I kept on seeing in my coma state" she said

"And who might that be" I asked her,  nervous.