chapter 17

MICAH’S POV

I once sent James to find out about kylie’s family which he did. He sent me an email containing his findings, plus the police findings.  He said something suspicious though, and that is concerning kylie’s mom.

Mrs Meyer's colleague said that Meyer’s death was strange. She was managing account for a Russian company sited in Texas; she found out that the account was being used to fund some terrorist group in Pakistan.

She reported to her boss, and they told her not to say a word about it to anyone; she refused and was demoted to customer unit.

For the organization to still send someone to come and kill her they must have suspected the same thing as me.

I suspected she has a copy of the account, and also information concerning the account.

I made deeper research concerning the company, and it turns out that something similar has happened before.

The man involved was killed together with his wife 12 years ago, and their 10 years old daughter ran away. Her name is Sandra; the funny thing is that the same Sandra is the one that was used to take away evidence from the motel where the two murderers died 3 years ago.

We have been looking for evidence to show that CRAYON (The Russian company' isn’t as neat as the world paints them.

We couldn’t find any, so I thought coming here could help us find that evidence. I felt I needed to do something for kylie, and finding her parents killers might actually be the best wedding present ever.

I heard that her parents house was ransacked by the criminals; I knew Mrs Meyer isn’t a fool, so she won’t leave important evidence in her home.

so it might be in her relative or friend’s home.

I flipped every pages of the album but didn’t see anything, so I indirectly commented that Mrs Meyer didn’t even leave a present for her daughter before she died.

It was then that Mrs. Benita recalled back this box.

“It must be in here” I thought

I poured the content of the box on the floor but didn’t see anything USB like; I flipped it over and saw a small hole on it.

I shook it, and a tiny sound came off it. I took it outside and cracked it open, and then I saw an SD card wrapped inside a paper hidden in it.

I brought it out, and put it into an OTP flash which I inserted into my computer.

I saw 3 folders saved in it; one contains documents, lists containing names of officials and companies that are sponsoring the terrorist group.

The other folder contains video and audio clips of meetings with officials

The third folder contains the video of the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Benson, Sandra’s parents

It turns out that Mrs. Meyer has been investigating this group for a long time, to have footage of the crime.

“But how comes”, I thought

“how can she pull it off without her
family knowing what she was onto” I wonder.

I called James immediately and asked him to find out every single detail concerning Mrs. Meyer mark.

He suggested I remove my hand from the case, but I can’t do that when this concerns my wife to be directly.

I didn’t know what to do with the evidence, or how to break the news to my wife.

He called me back in 24 hours time and broke the most shocking news to me.

Mrs Meyer Mark used to be a rookie detective as of 25 years ago. Actually her department was tailing a group of terrorists that bombed a school bus that was carrying 115 students in texas.

They were following the case so hard, and their group was disbanded after their corporal died of gas leak in his house.

They stumbled upon a crucial evidence leading to the organization; the evidence was supposed to be handed over the next day.

The corporal took it home, with the plan to submit it the next day. That night he was attacked, and his body was found on his bed the next day.

His neighbors claimed that there was gas leakage in his apartment; they called the police, and by the time they arrived at the scene he was already dead.

After that incident the department was disbanded, and the case was handed over to another department.

The police believed that there was a mole in the police force, so they needed a secret agent to help them solve similar cases.

They couldn't send someone from the force, as the mole must have sent everyone's information out to the organization.

Meyer was still under training, and she was the smartest, though she wasn't very good with gun. She was uprooted from the training ground and turned into an agent.

No one in the police force knew she was an agent, as her training colleagues thought she signed out.

She helped solved the case, but that was after two years of searching.

12 years ago, a certain man sent a document concerning  terrorist act to the station; somehow the organization found out about it, and the next day the man's home was raided by so called armed robbers; the couple were killed in cold blood.

Their 10 years old daughter, Sandra ran away, and into the hands of Mrs. Meyer. She had a flash drive containing list of officials that was funding the group.

The man couldn't find out everything concerning the supposed terrorist group before he was murdered, and the half baked evidence couldn't be released to the public.

She forwarded the list to her ex bosses who believes that it won't be easy arresting the men on the list as they were powerful.

The compilations weren't properly organized, and detailed information was lacking. No proper evidence to pin the criminals down for good. Any mistake could back fire, and the police would be in chaos.

She was employed again to find out everything about the documents, organization, everyone involved, with no details left out. If possible the force need proofs like videos and pictures to back up as evidence.

They needed solid information that could put the criminals behind bars forever.

  The only people that knew about her employment as a secret agent were officer bello and officer Tim.

She met KYLIE’S dad 2 years later, when he came to open a business account at the bank; that time she was working in the customer care unit of MEDELA BANK.

They got married a year later; though he never knew that she was a secret agent.

I don’t  know how to tell kylie who her mom actually was. I visited Mrs. Benita the next morning and told her everything. She said that her sister retired as a police woman even before she finished her training as an officer.

I told her that she left training to work undercover. The news was a shock to her. She asked if kylie knew about that, and I told her that I haven’t told her yet.

Mrs Meyer was supposed to forward all her findings to Mr. Tim and Bello.
Mrs Benita insisted we do the right thing; the right thing to her is to send the file to the officials.

We printed them and sent them anonymously to Mr. Tim, and Bello using Mrs meyer's official stamp.

I went back to the hotel with Mrs. Benita; she needed to tell kylie everything.