CHAPTER 23

RECAP: BACK TO THE DAY I WAS RELEASED FROM PRISON.

MICAH'S POV

In the morning of my release from prison I was being interrogated by detective malcolm when suddenly we started hearing loud noises from outside the interrogation room.

I thought that my plan have been countered, so I started looking right and left to see if I could see what was going on.

The noise soon became loud and detective malcolm couldn't endure it any longer, so he stood up and went outside to silence the noise.

Few minutes later he came back, followed by detective Bridget; she wore a smile on her face.

I was taken to the next room, and there I saw my love, and my PA; kylie wept like a baby In my arms. I wanted to so the same, but the thought of how I would be perceived prevented me from doing so.

"I am a man" I lamented.

I held her tight and also pulled Gift in an embrace too. Gift is a chatter box, so he didn't waste time to tell me all they went through in the interrogation room.

I felt so bitter hearing that they put my kylie in a cell for doing nothing wrong; they didn't even consider her condition.

Kylie said it was okay, that she is happy now that we are cleared; all she wanted was to go home, shower and rest. I too believe that she needed it; I mean the rest.

I held James on the shoulder and thanked him for helping us out; from the way his lips moved I knew that he wanted to say something, but then I told him to hold every excitement and take us home.

"Boss, there is something I want to tell you" he said but yet again I stopped him from saying it.

"It's very important" he said

This time around I wanted to hear him out; he looked so serious, if possible more serious than he has ever looked In the past, and that made me more worried

I stopped to talk to him, but first I asked Aunty Benita to take Kylie and Gift to the car first.

As soon as they left I turned to face James who was acting strange.

"Are you okay, James" I questioned him

The look he gave me confirmed to me that something definitely was wrong.

"How is the company" I asked him

"It's not the company, boss" he said

"Then what, what the fuck is going on" I asked him, sounding very angry.

His silence was beginning to piss me the fuck off, and I don't like it; I just wanted to go back home with my family after weeks of sleeping in prison, and here he is acting like a sisi.

I pressed his shoulders immediately, while looking straight into his eyes. I wanted to asked him if dad was okay, but then Gift came running to us.

I smiled to prevent him from sensing the tension in the ground.

"What is it, Gift" I gently asked him

"There is an aunty standing in front of your car, she said she is your friend" he said.

I didn't know of any female friend that could come to visit me here, so I turned immediately to hear what James has to say.

"What is he talking about" I asked James

"She is here" he said finally

"Who is here" I asked, confused

"Sandra is here" he said

"Who? Sandra? I asked shocked

He said nothing again, rather he just nodded his head to confirm my confusion.

I ran outside immediately to prevent the two from meeting; Sandra is a pandora box, and I won't like it to open now.

I had a night mare last night, and I'm it I lost all that I love, including my kylie and unborn baby;

"maybe this is it" I murmured and ran outside.

What I was preventing already happened; I saw Sandra standing before kylie. I knew in no time she was going to open her mouth, and if she does, chaos will fill the air.

I ran immediately and caught up with them.

"Sandra" I called
"Wow, how long has it been, 5 years? 7? How have you been" I asked

"7 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 8 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 75 seconds" she said

"Ooh, is that so? I didn't take note" I told her

"You haven't changed a bit, you are still blunt" she said

"So tell me, why are you here" I asked her

"Anyways, that is by the way" she said
"Wait, won't you introduce me to your girlfriend and son"  she asked

"There is no need for that" I told her

"Is that so? She asked staring at kylie who was by now looking so lost and confused

"I am sandra, Micah's" she said and looked at me

"Our old friend" James shouted from behind, held her hand and drag her out of our view.

That very moment I took a deep breath, although I know that Sandra isn't the type to quit; she is a walking bomb itself, and I need to end this madness before it burn both me and my happiness.

Kylie said no word afterward, but I knew for certain that she didn't buy that completely; it's not as if she is an idiot, or something.

She may not speak now, but I am sure she will request for an explanation some time or day, I just hope that I will have a better explanation to this by then.

We entered into the car and drove off; the ride back home was quite silent and boring, so I decided to lighten it up a bit. I switched on the phone radio; the were playing "no tears left to cry, by Annie Marie"

"This is totally the wrongest music to play now" I thought and tried to change it, but then Kylie started humming to the song.

From humming it she started to sing it out loud and vibing happily to it, and that excited me the more. I joined her and before we knew it the car was set on fire with the happy drunkingness of music.