CHAPTER 18

On the way back to the hotel I contemplated on if telling Kylie the news is the right thing  to do; Mrs Benita believes it is, since she will still find out in the news soon.

When we got to the hotel, Kylie was researching something on the internet with my laptop.

"Welcome" she greeted me

"How was your day" I asked her

"It went very well, I have been trying to download a movie to watch, but this server won't just work" she complained

"So you were bored" I asked her

"Very bored, but I thank God you are back home" she said

"But wait o, you came back quite late" she said

"Yes I had to meet up someone on my way" I told her

"Someone? Who? She asked looking up to me.

"You will find out soon" I said

I looked at the door and told Mrs Benita to come inside.

"Ooh Aunty, how did you guys meet" she asked smiling as she came off the bed.

"I will leave you two to talk" I told her

Aunty Benita went and sat down on the bed with Kylie while I took Gift out for a walk so that they can get enough room to talk.

Aunty Benita told her the gist concerning her parent's death; she also confirmed to her that their death wasn't caused by a mare accident.

"They were murdered, and we have found evidence that leads us to the murderers" she told her

"What evidence are you talking about, and how did you acquire it" she asked

"I didn't, Micah did" she told her.

"How" she asked

"I don't all everything yet, but he said that your mom left the micro SD hidden inside the box that she left for you" Mrs Benita told her.

I believe she was shocked as she called my line and angrily told me to come back and explain everything to her by myself.

I too didn't know how to tell her that I researched her family without her permission; I didn't know how she would feel after everything.

I rushed back home and seeing her condition I was short of words; I didn't know with which mouth to tell her everything. It is her family we are talking about about, and for a long time she had carried the burden of their death, and here we are telling her that her affliction was inflicted by some selfish business men.

I felt her pain, but I couldn't say that I felt it deeper than her. She looked into my eyes and told me to tell her everything, including how I found the evidence that the police couldn't find all these years.

When I got to the point where I told her that she didn't know everything about her mom, she looked at me in disbelief. I told her that her mom had been a secret investigator and her mission was to catch some politicians and businessmen that has been using the country resources to sponsor terrorist, she laughed out loud.

She said that she knew her mom very well and also knews her job, and she was never a police officer.

"Your mom was a police trainee many years ago, but was removed from the training center to become a secret agent" Mrs Benita told her

"When was that" she asked.

"25 years ago" she told her

She laughed, came down from the bed and walked to the door; then she fainted on the floor.

We rushed her to the hospital;  after a long wait the doctor came out anounced to us  that kylie was two months gone already.

I am going to be a father, and kylie a mother. I was so happy; doctor Eric told us to avoid anything that will make her think too much, or stress her out much.

As soon as she woke up we broke her pregnancy news to her, but she didn't look happy.

"Have they been arrested yet" she asked us.

I begged her to take it easy to avoid she harming both she and the baby, but she won't listen.

I promised her to release the evidence tomorrow, but first she needed to promise me not to think too much, or worry about anything at all.

She promised, but from her facial expression I could still tell that she isn't worry free yet.

I went home very happy; I might be unprepared to be a father, but I am willing to be one if my beautiful kylie is the mother.