CHAPTER 27

The next day as early as 5:00am my door bell rang and I went closer to check only for me to see the psycho standing in front of my house. I was very shocked to see her, so locked back the door and then called Phil to ask him where he got the girl from. He told me that he doesn’t know her, claiming that she insisted on following the girlfriend to the meeting.

I hung up, went back outside and asked the call what she was doing in my house at that time; she said that I wasn’t picking up her call so she thought she should come over. I wanted to ask her where she got my contact, but then I recalled back that she has my ID card. I asked her for the wallet and she told me that she didn’t come with it.

“Then what are you here for” I asked her

She just stared at me without saying a word; I was lost, but at the same time I recognized that I was dealing with a young psychopath. I had heard of psychopaths and how dangerous they are but never did I know that I will meet one physically.

I told her to leave my house that moment but she claimed that it was dark and the road is very lonely. To me that was the lamest thing to say considering the fact that she came to my house in that same darkness. She insisted on me allowing her into my house to stay till the sky was bright, but I refused. I locked my door and went back to my room to sleep believing that she would leaving immediately, or even few minutes after.

I couldn’t sleep again after my encounter with the girl for fear that she might harm me in my sleep, or somehow. At exactly 6:00am I peeped through my window and didn’t see her there. I thought that she had left, so I came down and was about leaving my house when I saw that she was resting on my door.

I hurriedly went to the security and asked them why they allowed a stranger into the apartment and why they even showed her my apartment. The elderly man told me that he didn’t show her my apartment. it was strange as she told me that the security man brought her to my door step.

It happened that she came when the security man was going round the apartment; she checked the record and saw my room number, so she came here. I ran back to my apartment to confront her and warn her against coming anywhere close to me but she wasn’t there. I warned the security against letting her anywhere close to my apartment, else they would be held responsible if anything happened to me.

After that incident she never came to my house again, nor even call me. Before that I called Phil and told him what transpired between I and the Ruth and his girlfriend told me to avoid me. According to her they heard a rumor that she had gone to the juvenile before for murder; no one confirmed it, and so it remained a rumor. Another rumor said that she stayed in psychiatry and anger management home for 4 years and that is why no one knew her even though she had lived in the neighborhood for 23 years.

I went to school the next day, during lunch time I was eating with my friend at Oak city restaurant when I felt as if an eye was watching me. I turned and it felt as if the person hid. I excused myself and went out only me to see Ruth hiding behind my car. i was asking her what she was doing there when my friends came out; we were all shocked to see her there; she lied that she was in the neighborhood with a friend of hers when she saw us.

I told her that she was lying, but surprisingly a lady walked up to her and asked if she wasn’t done easing herself; Cleary she wasn’t lying.

“Then why were you hiding” Michael asked her

“Of course I wasn’t afraid that he might react this way if he found out that I was staring at him” she said

“Then why would you stare at him even though you know that he hates it” Phil enquired from her.
“Because I like him, or is it wrong to admire someone? It is not even as if I was going to eat him alike” she said and ran away.

“You are such a prick” her friend curse at me.

”something feels strange about her” Friday said

Naomi, phi’s girlfriend warned me again to be careful with Ruth; according to her the girl is a weirdo, and she doesn’t have any friend. They have lived in the same neighborhood since childhood, and in their 16th birthday he was left the neighborhood with her parents and only her parents came back afterwards. They told everyone that she went to a catholic Christian boarding school. On one Christmas like that one of their friend that went to juvenile told them that Ruth was in the same juvenile as him, but that just last week she was taken to psychiatry home as she was exhibiting signs of madness.

“Countless times she was even punished and locked up for either beating up another ward or giving them bite marks on their bodies” she said.

What Naomi never told me was that the news wasn’t a mare speculation, but the truth; she waited until I nearly lost my life to find out the truth.

Phil and the guys believed that I was harsh on the girl and told me to apologize to her, but I refused to do that; I believed that me apologizing to her might make her think that I am okay with she coming close to me, and I might end up getting hurt. What I never got to understand is that I was already her target and that even if I don’t apologize or get close to her she will still hurt me.

I was already marked.

She visited me at school, cafeteria, shopping mall; she was everywhere around me, but all the while she claimed that she was just passing or that she didn’t know that I was going to be there. She bought my kind of phone pack, and accessories, my sneakers type, T-shirt and others.

She appeared just when my friends aren’t with me and somehow made people think that we are dating. Many times I condemned my property because of her and many times I shouted at her. The one that annoyed me the most was when she suddenly enrolled in my university, and even registered the same courses as me; it was then that I confirmed that the girl was after me.