chapter 3

If I hadn’t stopped to poop, then I would have joined them.

I was faced with a big anxiety issue; I was suffering from big time depression, and the worst is that I could talk to no one about what I went through and what I am still currently going through.

The fear of social workers taking my brother away from me hit me like wildfire.

He is my only remaining family and I couldn’t possibly loose him too, and that was the main reason why I left our town in the first place.

I didn’t tell you guys the main gist, Gift actually lost his memory due to the accident. For some reasons I prefer that; I disliked the fact that he witnessed the whole incident.

The thought of how much my two year old brother cried and was still crying hurt me so much. The fact that I allowed my predicament to take my full focus off my brother when he needed me the most wrecked me; the fact that I watched him cry and still wasn't able to figure out why he was in that mood made me hate myself the more.

I was too blinded that I did realize that my 2 years old brother was badly injured from the accident; at least not until aunty Benita discovered the blood clot and discoloration on his stomach while bathing him.

He was rushed to the hospital and the doctors hurriedly started handling his issue; they found out a hollow depression on his left upper abdomen which they concluded was as a result of the fall. Thankfully no organ was pierced and no fractures occured to his bone, except a little scratch on his knee, and then his tibia bone.

The doctors thankfully were able to treat him after finding out the root sight of problem.

I enrolled Gift in kindergarten months after we moved; I felt like I didn’t deserve to go to school or enjoy anything ever again, so I denied myself all.

All I did was work, work, and work, until I broke down.

That very day I took Gift to kindergarten, after which I went to work. I was working as a cleaner for a finance company.

I clean and tidy up the first floor and toilet of the complex, and all were based on the floor I was assigned to by our chief. I work in the company from 6am to 2pm, after which I go to work as a waitress in a local meal restaurant in the city, from 2 to 6pm.

The school bus brings Gift back by 2pm and then I will take him to my second part time job.

I work like that everyday, except on Sundays, and that I because after service I go for my tutoring jobs which roughly lasts throughout the whole day.

That very day I was doing my usual job not knowing that my body will revolt against me for putting it through series of un-necessary abuse.

I went upstairs to clean the restrooms when I felt a whooping sound on my head, and my eyes felt as if they were rotating; therefore going from 0 degrees to 360 degrees, and then to 720 degrees.

A sharp pain attacked my head; i concluded it was going to go out after few minutes, and as a result I ignored the pain and continued with my duties. I made that conclusion because I had felt similar pain right before I came to work that day

At the office the pain increased, and as such my body couldn’t carry me any longer and I slumped on the floor.

  No body knew I was there for exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes; It was exactly 2:15pm, and the kindergarten was closed for the day.

The school bus came to the office as usual to drop Gift off, but for the first time I wasn’t available at the door post.

The security personnel’s couldn’t tell my whereabouts, and my colleagues too didn’t know where I was.

Gift was left in the care of Elizabeth, my closest partner. It was then that some workers started complaining that the restrooms door was locked, and won’t open.

I didn’t know what touched Elizabeth, and she immediately rushed to the restroom.

The place was surrounded by workers who were pressed and needed to use the toilet. The boss’s son too was there to know what was causing the commotion that morning.

The outlet spear key was gotten and the restroom door was opened: there i was found lying unconsciously on the floor.

I was rushed to the hospital immediately, and the doctor told them that they would have lost me if they had brought me a second later.
Elizabeth took Gift home with her.

I was retained in the hospital for two weeks to rest. The doctor said that I wasn’t getting enough sleep, and wasn’t eating well for someone that does so much work.

He explained that my brain lacked glucose and my body entirely lacked important nutrients that are needed to make the body function properly.

He wanted me to eat properly so that I can gain enough energy to raise my son.

After that incident I was scared I would loose my job for that very nonchalant and abusive attitude of mine. LEGEND (my company name) pays me very well, and on time, and I needed as much money as I can get to train Gift.

After my parents died I felt like I didn't deserve to own any of their properties, so I left them with the bank. I just took the cash in the house, and left

“If I can treat him very well, maybe my late family could forgive me” I usually say to myself

I apologized to my floor manager for the inconveniences, and I promised to work harder, but she said there was no need for me to apologize.

She wanted me to carry my load and leave the company.

“On whose order’ a voice ask from behind

I turned back and saw a young handsome man walking towards us.

I didn’t know who he was, but from the way he spoke and the way Mrs. Angela bowed to him, I guessed he must be from the higher up.

If I tell you that I don’t know any of the higher ups, including the company owner you won’t believe me. I was actually introduced to the job by Mimi.

Mimi is my neighbor, she was working as a cleaner in the company, though she was pregnant.

weeks to her child delivery she was given a leave, and right before that she introduced me to Mrs Angela as her temporary replacement.

The young man whom miss Angela addressed as sir Michal happened to be the same president’s son that drove me to the hospital.

I was unconscious that day, so I wasn't aware of what transpired after I blacked out. it was even Elizabeth that told me the whole gist yesterday.

He agreed that I am sacked; when I heard that I was sad.

“From being a cleaner in the lobby and restrooms" he said

"As of today you are now my office cleaner” he added.

you are to make sure that my office is always clean and tidy before I come to work, and after I leave” he says.

I had heard that the president’s son is a hot snob, and a total womanizer; many says that he changes ladies just the same way he changes cleaners and clothings.

He is addressed as “he doesn’t eat dry meats” by the workers.

Elizabeth told me that they started calling him that name right after he insulted a young lady for thinking she could have a brand like him as a boyfriend.

She said that the lady caused it, that assuming she packaged herself very well to his standard, and visit his usual hangout spot, there was no way he would have rejected her.