CHAPTER 29

Seeing how her return has brought back back old memories that I fought so hard to forget; I couldn’t help but wonder what she might have in mind. even knowing that she want my assistant and best friend aches me to the point that I won't mind killing her if get the chance. I know that I am supposed to be happy that she is not onto me now, but knowing what she is capable of scares me so much.

Thoughts of she getting to Kylie hunted me; that lady is a psycho and her energy is strong enough to destroy everything she touches.

“You know, we should meet up someday to catch up old memories” she said

Hearing her say those confirmed to me my psychotic thoughts of grinding her in the mill till no piece of her can be seen.

“Not even in your dreams, psycho” I told her thinking that she will get angry, but that wasn't the case, she stayed very calm and just gave out a smile.

“Why are you pretending to be normal, show us your psychotic self” I told her

She smiled and approached me, but as she came forward I went backwards; then I left the door, entered into my car and drove off with speed. All through the ride back home I contemplated how sorrowful my Kylie will feel if she gets to finds out the trauma I faced in the hands of the psycho, Ruth.

Michael tried to calm me down throughout the ride, but I couldn’t; all I could think of was to hurry back home to my lover, Kylie. I know that she must be worried sick about my sudden disappearance; she is pregnant and the doctor instructed us to avoid anything that will stress her out during the pregnancy.

In front of the house stood my forever beautiful Kylie all wrinkled up; from the way she stood I could tell what was on her mind. She hurried over and hugged me immediately.

“Where have you been, you were gone by the time I woke up from sleep” she lamented, staring deeply into my eyes.

That moment I was lost as to what I should tell her; my mind wondered away to that psycho and what might happen to my flawless beauty if she ever lays her filthy and destructive hands on her. I was determined to tell her, but at the time I wasn't so sure that telling her won’t harm either she or our unborn child.

“Are you okay? She asked again

I nodded my head and smiled to her, and then I led her into the house. I came out minutes later and told Michael not to tell her anything about Ruth, at least until I am able to tell her myself.

The next day, I was preparing to go back to work when suddenly my phone rang; I was about going to pick it up when I saw Kylie strolling towards me with the phone.

“Who is it” I asked her, still cuffing my shirt.

“I don’t know, it is an unknown number” she said

“Let me get that” I said and picked up the call.

It was a female voice, the voice sounded a bit familiar, but then I couldn’t recall whose it is.

“Don’t tell me you have forgotten my voice; this is bad” the voice said.

“Who is this” I asked trying my best to be professional in my tone.

“Anyways, this is Ruth” she said

I excused myself and went to the restroom to answer the call; I didn’t want Kylie to get a glimse of what was going on, but for some reason she did suspected it.

“How did you get my number, and why are you calling me” I asked her.

“Calm down, I don’t bite” she said

“Calm down? Did you just tell me to calm down? I asked her.

That moment I boiled in rage, and if I got a hold of her as of that instant I would have bitten the living daylight out of her, but then that isn’t the case. She asked to see me to discuss something very important with me; she asked that I come with Michael and my fiancée.

“Are you okay? Who is making you so angry” a voice asked.

I turned back, lo and alas Kylie was standing behind me; it turned out that she heard my voice and as a caring fiancee she came to check up on me and also to know what the problem was.

I hung up the call immediately and tried to pacify her, but that didn’t work. She insisted that I must tell her what has been going on with me and who the lady at the prison. I told her that it was nothing, but she won’t believe me still; to make matter worse she threatened to leave if I don’t give her the answer that she wanted.

I had no option but to tell her everything; I thought that she was going to be angry with me, but then she wasn’t. She asked what she wants again, but I couldn’t answer that; to    me Ruth is a psycho, and all psychos want is destroy other people’s life. She asked after her family and what they think about she breaking the police restrain orders; I had forgotten about her parents, but all thanks to Kylie I was able to reach out to them. She also advised me to follow her gentle so as not to provoke her.

“If she truly is a psychopath as you said, then provoking her won't do us any good. She can even hurt you again and again if care is not taken.

“We will go hear her out, and know what she is going to say” she advised me

"No, never, we are not meeting her at all" I rebuked.

"Babes calm down, we are only going to learn our enemy" she said

Even with all her efforts to make me reason with her I still wasn't ready to go anywhere close to Ruth; I wasn't afraid of her, rather I was afraid of what I was going to do to her paraventure I lay my hand on her.

I contacted her parents to enquire from them if they are aware that their daughter came to me, and they were shocked. They told me that their daughter just came back from the state with her daughter for personal business, and would return back in few days.

"Her daughter? She has a daughter? I asked them.

"Yes, she does, and they will be leaving to the states as soon as her business here is over" her mom said.

“And what is this business you speak about” I asked them

“As I said it is personal” they said

“Your daughter came down to this country for business, and came straight to me, does that make sense to you? I asked them very angry

I threatened them that I will contact the police to take her away if she appears close to me and family ever again. Immediately her parents begged me not to; they told me that Ruth came to meet her business partner, and would be returning back as soon as she was done sealing the deal.

“if actually she is here to meet a business partner like you said, then why is she here tormenting me” I asked them.

“where in particular is she” her mom asked.