Chapter 2 - Growing Envy

A few more years passed by. Running steps were heard through a crowded hall. Someone was late for an important meeting that was about to start. It was the monthly meeting in the space station Wildwhirl. Over the past years, the space station itself grew. Not only workers were visiting the station, but travelers and visitors from all over Kytarium as well. Since Pitch came back, a lot has changed. And a lot more had changed since admiral Corentin died. The black captain didn't just take care of a whole galaxy, but the space station as well. There wasn't much time for himself. He was mainly busy with a lot of things that needed to be done.

As the bean who was late finally arrived at the entrance of the meeting room, he stopped running and looked up to the guards who blocked the gate in front of him. They moved their heads down to look at a purple bean and gave him a stern expression.

"Captain Hawk, you are late for the meeting." One of the guards let him know as he hurried to catch his breath. As Hawk got older, running like that left him exhausted.

"I'm aware. I had to take care of our daughter. I'm sorry for the delay." Hawk explained. The guards nodded as he explained the reason he was late and let him into the room.

The doors opened automatically and the guards moved aside. Everyone was already there. Sitting in their rightful places and waiting for the last captain, which was Hawk. The purple captain let Moon stay in their room to take care of Starla during the meeting he had to attend. Moon might not be there, but Saros was. He became the second commander of the Blackcrow's crew. As Hawk walked in, he noticed Dawn, Amelia and the others. And even... General Cole? Hawk was curious as to why a general was involved in this meeting. One seat, however, was empty. Hawk was wondering where that last captain was.

The red wizard sensed the purple captain at the entrance. He was floating around Pitch's seat to check if everyone was there. Pitch himself hasn't arrived yet. He was late for the meeting too. Saros watched how Hawk went to join everyone else at the table. But before Hawk could take his seat, the red bean had the nerve to move the chair aside with his levitation magic. The captain fell down without noticing that his chair had moved backwards and Saros held back a laugh. Captain Wedly noticed, and went over to help Hawk get up.

"Agh, of course you did that, wizard." Hawk quietly muttered and looked up at Saros with an annoyed look, who was pretending that he didn't do anything and was reading a book he had just summoned. Not everyone paid attention to Hawk's small accident, but General Cole and Captain Corak laughed in secret at what happened.

"Here, let me help you up." Wedly's voice calmed Hawk a bit down. It felt good to hear his familiar voice again. Of course, Hawk was thankful for his helping hand and he got back in his seat. Noticing that Pitch still wasn't there, he became a bit worried.

"Pitch isn't here yet? That's unusual for him to be late for a meeting." Hawk commented and Wedly nodded in agreement.

"It is unusual, indeed. But Saros said he'll be here soon." The orange captain explained and hoped that the wizard was right.

"Heh, maybe he has some impostor things to plan in his office," a voice interrupted. It was Captain Corak, who wanted to tease around, "Who knows? Maybe he's planning to kill someone."

Nearby, Saros heard Corak's mocking words and silently raged about him making such assumptions behind Pitch's back. Especially knowing how much effort he put into changing for the better. With one finger snap, Saros cast a spell to silence Corak. A zipper appeared on the grey one's face and the wizard closed it. Corak was unable to speak. Cole noticed it and jumped in. He looked up at Saros with an intimidating, stern expression. But Saros didn't care and ignored him. He was quite amused by the zipper on Corak's face. The other one near the grey captain, however, was disgusted by the zipper on his face.