Chapter 36 - Tracks Of Tears

Earlier, before Pitch, Hawk and both of their commanders were summoned to face the Professor's accusation of Pitch committing theft against them, Starla had already toddled off. Having been told not to dilly-dally on her way back to her sleeping quarters, Starla at first was keeping her promise, but soon enough, the young lady got curious. She fiddled in her pocket and found the elemental crystal which she found on Walderan together with her friend Lumina.

All of a sudden, as she held the glowing beryl in her paw, a short memory of the cave on Walderan rapidly flashed inside her mind.

"However, that didn't stop their original planet from being destroyed by powerful rival wizards and warlocks. They saw great power in them and feared that the Laveries would overtake their magic." This specific line which she read aloud in that cave echoed through her mind once again, and a spark suddenly rushed through.

"Hm. Wizards and warlocks... could uncle Saros possibly know more about it?" Starla then asked herself as an idea came up in her head. She hesitated right as she was about to walk right into the sleeping quarters, and instead stopped and thought about it.

The siren calls of adventure began to rise again in Starla's heart, and the young lady felt her curiosity rise too high to ignore. She suddenly altered her course and snuck off elsewhere: to the direction of the Blackcrow's library. Perhaps he had some books held within which could have even more explanation about it?

And so, she went wandering off without anyone else's permission. And there wasn't that much resistance against her backtracking all the way back to the Blackcrow. The odd occasion where she bumped into a member of the Blackcrow, she would say that she had forgotten something.

It looked like most of the crew were already on the space station by now. The only one she saw on her way to the Blackcrow's library was Bane but he didn't care much about Starla passing by him and continued with what he was doing. The brown member picked a storage box from off the floor around his feet and walked out.

The mysterious box that Bane was transporting wasn't enough to distract Starla from her high curiosity to know more about the elemental crystal, with her continuing her path down to Saros's library. If she remembered correctly, uncle Saros once admitted that he copied forbidden spell- and information books from the Wildwhirl's forbidden library. She hoped he wasn't lying, at least and that she could find the missing puzzle pieces she needed to solve this conundrum.

Her path didn't take too long; she was now standing in front of the library's entrance door. With all of her heart, she wished that uncle Saros wasn't nearby as she activated the door mechanism. The door swung open and the first thing she noticed was the cold breezing darkness.

"Saros...?" Starla whispered nervously but no voice answered her back. She was lucky: Saros nor anyone else was anywhere near here. With that information in mind, the young bean tentatively stepped inside the library...

All the while Starla was sneaking into a library, two captains were both on break at the same time. The red and the orange captains were casually hanging around in the canteen, not paying much attention, until they both noticed General Skylar walk past. Obviously visiting the cafeteria to get himself a tasty meal or snack for his complaining stomach, but his clothes still were in quite the dusty, dirty state.

"Oh dear... I wonder what might have happened to General Skylar?" Commander Sunny, who just so happens to be walking past with her cup of tea in one hand asked. Both captains turned to look at the bedraggled general walk past in the midground before exchanging glances at each other.

"Apparently, I heard that General Skylar was helping Captain Hawk talk to the royal family on Walderan, and they arrested them both." Captain Wedly retold the story which he just heard from his colleague Captain Dawn earlier. Captain Blaze couldn't believe what he just heard.