Chapter 23 - Earth Crystals

"Professor, don't you think we're a bit too harsh to Lord Pitch?" The limed-colored scientist Dr. Gura meant after they walked out of Captain Pitch's office and went back to their way to the space station Wildwhirl's laboratories.

Agitation swam inside Dr. Gura's body, and it only grew more and more the closer they were to arriving at their workstation. She couldn't quite point a finger on why Lord Pitch would do something like that: to steal the material which they found on their own within a mission. After that scene that happened, the young scientist began to feel that there might be a misunderstanding. But she does vividly remember she crashed into the lord as he fled from his attempt to steal the mysterious stone substance. She literally saw him, met him. It didn't make any sense at all.

"No, Dr. Gura", The tarnished gold-colored professor responded. "As I said in our conversation, he might be our ruler of our galaxy, but he also has to respect the law. Just like everyone else. We can't make an expectation just because he's higher ranked above us all."

"But Professor, it doesn't make sense. He proved how much he changed over the past sixteen years, since he came back to us. I doubt he'd let history repeat again, Professor -"

The head leader of the scientists didn't want to argue about it. Luckily, they just arrived at the laboratory's entrance and luckily, their conversation got interrupted. Dr. Gura went quiet as he gave a hand gesture to her to reduce her voice.

After that, without hesitation the professor opened the way into their lab, with the help of one simple card swipe. The red dot on the card-swipe system changed to green and they got access to the labs.

Both stepped in.

The others were working like they should on their workstations. Different bottles were stored on white shelves, plants in plastic growing tubs and metallic work tools were seen around them on the benches and tables. The head leader of the scientists came nearer to a white table in front of them and leaned one of his hands on the table's surface, whilst he was checking on a lab-tool.

"You're one of my best scientists, Dr. Gura, but even you need to learn to not give in so easily when it's about a crime. Especially when you live in a galaxy full to the teeth with impostors." He then said, whilst he was peering inside a weird lab-machine on the table. Within that machine, he was able to see bacteria and anything else which a normal visor couldn't see. A lab-grade Microscope, but bigger and built with advanced technology.

"Alright, sir. I understood." Dr. Gura then just simply replied and gave in. For her, it still didn't make sense. She thought in secret as unease filled her stomach. But she didn't want to make her boss mad.

Before the professor could continue with his own work with the lab-magnifier, another familiar bean chimed into their conversation. It was the bright tan-colored head lead of the doctor's: Dr. Jouly.

Her shadow betrayed her appearance and distracted Professor Esther with his task. He looked away from the lab-magnifier and focused his visor on Dr. Jouly. She seemed to hold something inside her hands. A transparent chip. Gura looked over to her as well.

"Professor, after the emergency surgery we had to do with General Cole's wife, I commanded my doctors to search for any DNA evidence they could find at the scene of the crime. We were successful and found a small black hair and follicle on the ground." Dr. Jouly reported and held up the transparent chip in her hands.

Professor Esther nodded impressed and took the chip of Jouly's hand. He did hear about the emergency surgery from General Cole's wife and was quite curious to hear more about it.

"Great, that should help us", He meant with a certain voice; he was sure it'll be a clue to prove that it was their leader. "Any updates on General Cole's wife's well-being? I heard about the turmoil a few days ago."