Chapter 22 - Accusation

A lot more notifications popped up for Captain Pitch whilst Starla and her new friend Princess Lumina discovered an uncharted temple on Walderan.

Nothing more was heard than Captain Pitch's mindful thoughts inside his office. He was still deeply thinking and pondering how he should answer all those messages at once. After a while of thinking, the mechanical office door on the other side of the room flung open without any warning. Three beans were standing at the entrance of Pitch's office, stern and disappointed.

Captain Pitch looked over to them in the distance and recognized immediately who was standing there; three scientists who worked in the Space Station Wildwhirl's laboratories. They stepped into the black captain's office, disgruntled and displeased. The mechanical door behind them closed after they walked in. The leader was puzzled about their sudden appearance, he never told them to come over, nor did he order them to leave their workplace. Shouldn't they be working on their research? Why did they visit him now?

"Can I help you with something, Professor Esther?" Captain Pitch recognized the lead scientist Professor Esther. The tarnished gold-colored scientist didn't seem to be here for a nice little chat, judging by the sour expression on his face.

Another familiar scientist accompanied Professor Esther, it was Dr. Gura: a limed-green colored bean with freckles on her face. She seemed to be nervous.

"A few of our scientists reported to me what happened a few days ago in our laboratories, Lord Pitch. I was hoping you could answer us some questions." Professor Esther said with an oppressively undertone in his voice. A tablet was held inside his gold-colored hands, and he looked over it as his words fell into the office.

Secretly pondering, Pitch was questioning: "Questions? About what?"

From behind her back took Dr. Gura nervously another tablet out to lay it down on Captain Pitch's office table. His half-broken visor moved down to the tablet screen and watched how several records from their cams were shown on them. Records which happened days ago in their laboratories. He saw himself, running through the hallways and how he stole the material.

"I'm sorry Captain Pitch, but I and several other scientists have witnessed how you stole the material from our laboratories. With my very own visor and even our cams did catch you by that attempt." Dr. Gura explained the situation anxiously.

Not removing his broken visor from the records, Pitch with his deep voice, countered back: "I wasn't there as it happened, Dr. Gura. I was far away with my crew, fighting against demonic ghosts."

He took a short breather, looked over to them and continued: "Besides, I'm the ruler of Kytarium, doctor. I've other things to take care of."

Professor Esther reoriented with his other free hand his scientist jacket, cough slightly embarrassed and said: "Well, Lord Pitch. Our cams never lie, it's crystal clear that it shows you on our records, stealing the material. You might be our ruler and you are high ranked above us all, but that doesn't give you the right to steal. This is unacceptable. The law is the law, even our ruler needs to respect our laws and you broke one of them, which is why we have to start an indictment against you, whether you like it or not."

An awkward silence spread into Captain Pitch's office after that accusation fell. Never did Pitch imagine that one of his own workers would do an indictment against him. Problems after problems seemed to overwhelm Pitch recently. No emotions or reactions on Pitch's face were seen, which made him even more suspicious. He didn't know what to answer back. He was speechless; but secretly discontented.

"I want you to leave my office, immediately." Captain Pitch growled at them.

"Very well. But we'll come back to you sooner or later for the indictment-process." Professor Esther stated coldly, respecting his order and left together with the others -To let him think about what he did in a quieter environment.

After they left and the mechanical entrance closed, Pitch felt immense frustration well up even more. His frustration rose with every second that passed. He was too tied up in his frustration that he shoved the tablet, which was still laying on his table, across the desk in a fit of frustration, and it then clattered to the ground. The hologram-screen shattered as it made an impact with the surface, but the records were still working. Pitch was literally panting from pure anger and irritation and stood up from his chair to look behind him outside and gazed at the starfield for a while.

For some weird reason, before Pitch could grow even more frustrated over this situation, an unexpected slight breeze was felt on his body. A cold but soft, gentle wind. How's it possible that a breeze could enter Pitch's office? The space station Wildwhirl was located in space. There's no weather out here. Some plants inside his office began to rustle behind him within the flurry of air. He turned himself around to find out where the wind was moving. A portrait on the shelves caught his attention as he tried to figure out where the wind was taking its direction. That portrait which he was looking at now contained him, as he was younger together with Admiral Corentin behind him.

An unknown goosebump-like feeling began to swim inside his veins as he looked at the meaningful image. Now, Captain Pitch secretly wished that Corentin was still here to help him out of this situation. Like he always did when Pitch thought the whole universe was against him. With heavy steps, Captain Pitch strolled over to the portrait to have a closer look at it. His left claw decided to take it.

Dumbness was everything that his office was offering him. Until an unlooked-for familiar voice behind him was head:

"Wow", The familiar voice said, with a sarcastic-surprised undertone. "You seem to be in a bit of trouble now, hm?"

The captain growled as he recognized that voice. "What are you doing in my office, Saros?"

The wizard was floating above him; He most likely had witnessed everything that happened in the past minutes. "Oh, you know, just checkin' how you are doing."

"How much have you witnessed?" Pitch growled, angered that Saros had the nerves to hide inside his very own office, without his permission.

"Captain, Captain, I'm a wizard after all, you should know that by now. Of course, I've heard it all." Saros said proudly but Captain Pitch was extremely mad about his unexpected appearance and snarled quietly.

With the portrait inside his left hand, the black captain stormed back to his office table and sat down on his chair. He put the image on his table, on a nice spot where he could look at it whenever he wished. But his peaceful moment to look at the photo got interrupted by Saros once again.

"And I've good news in case you haven't noticed yet: my magic is slowly recovering and I'm feeling much better after a nice long nap." Saros kept explaining but Pitch didn't pay much attention to it.

He ignored him instead of answering something back. Too many thoughts ran inside Pitch's mind at this moment. He was too focused on the image, still. On the memories he shared with Corentin.

"Captain ...?" The wizard sighted his absence and got concerned about him.

That was it, Captain Pitch's endurance was reached. He had enough from Saros and commanded him to leave him alone. "Leave me alone, Saros."

Muddled blinked Saros with his visor at Pitch's unexpected command.

"But Captain - "

"Get out of my office!" Once again Captain Pitch tried to tell Saros to leave him alone but this time with a more angered tone in his deep growling voice. To show Saros that he was serious about his wish to be left alone for now. He couldn't take any more pressure. His thoughts exploded privately.

Saros sighed. He had no choice but to leave Pitch alone for now. Even though he was determined to help him out of his troubles. Perhaps, he started the conversation in totally the wrong way...? Saros felt guilty. Guilty that he made Captain Pitch livid. ...It wasn't his plan or intention to make him angry. He only wanted to help...

"Alright, Captain. But if you need help to get out of this situation, I'm always willing to give you a helping hand." The red magician respected but was saddened. With a heavy heart, Saros accepted his wish and vanished back to his own sleeping-quarter to where Moon was quietly waiting for him.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter edited/corrected by: https://www.deviantart.com/spectra-shift