Chapter 42 - Raging Storm

"ARRRGH!" A familiar voice echoed through the halls of the mansion, roaring from far away but still audible even from the other side of the mansion.

Deep inside the mansion, in a special room; the room was circular, with ornate pillars and marble statues lining the walls except for the one partition with a very ornate door, and this was where King Ogron and his son, Saros, were doing a magical training, with Avah watching from a bench set up near a pillar.

The one who let out the scream was Saros, who crashed against one of the pillars after his father launched a counter attack at full force at him. A few scratches were seen on Saros' cheeks which he had gotten from the impact. Leftover smoke from the magical blast wisped lazily upwards from Saros as he tried to pick himself up from the impact crater.

His father in the distance only humphed at the scene, disappointed to see how weak his own son was. He expected a bit more resistance and fight from him.

"Urgh..." Saros groaned quietly as he looked back up to his father.

"Instead of trying to use a parry spell, why did you go for the counter spell? I could have sworn that I taught you better, son. This is a rookie-level mistake I'd expect from a squire, not the heir to the dark world of Zudak!" Ogron growled in a belittling tone of voice as he approached Saros.

Saros was now back up on his feet, but remained silent in the face of his father's aggressive disappointment. Ogron simply scowled at Saros' unwillingness to show his full potential while his son stood there, shakingly, but in silence.

Ogron approached Saros, almost moving into arm's reach, and gave a small growl. Saros could only stand there and scowl in return, but his attempt at intimidation did not even faze the wizard king.

"You disgust me with this show of pathetic defiance. Do you want me to call you a squire?!" Ogron retorted threateningly at Saros, but Saros said nothing. This only served to incur more of Ogron's derogatory wrath. "Because you aren't leaving this training room until I say otherwise, squire!"

Saros felt his cold blood boil, and red sparks of energy danced around his body. Ogron glared his son down continuously, not letting his visor move from Saros's face as Saros could only feel his anger rise further.

"Actually, you were the one to desert your heritage. I don't even know why I'm even considering you worthy to begin with, seeing you would rather be out chasing stardust. You have disappointed me once too many times. You dare do that one more time-!" Ogron seethed with Saros silently growling as he built his anger and energy up. Ogron wasn't finished with his rant, however. "In fact, I think you liked being around those outsiders! Those weak outsiders that only touch the stars because they don't even know true power in their claws. I mean, what could a mere mortal outsider that would be nothing but dust and bones long before us, ever give to a squire like you?!"

The moment Ogron said that, something that went undiscovered in Saros' heart suddenly lit up in the turmoil of anger and frustration, and Saros found himself thrusting a claw forward to blast Ogron with an electrical blast. The impact sent the wizard king flying backwards, only managing to skid to a stop just in time.

"Hrmph, so there is some fight in you, and you haven't become as soft as the outsiders?" Ogron sarcastically seethed.

"... those outsiders have taught me more than you ever did, father." Saros growled, his visor glowing a ruby red with energy. Saros assumed a defensive stance as he brought up his electric energy to the boil again. Ogron shook off the sucker punch and also readied his powerful attacks too.

The ensuing fight was a spectacle to behold. Ogron used his attack combos, but this time, Saros used every parry and counter that he could. His father barely managed to land a hit against him. Without even breaking a sweat, Ogron was flung back against the other wall by Saros' electric blast spells. Even with the victory, Saros didn't feel a shred of satisfaction.