Chapter 3 - Oddly Presence

"Argh! They got one of those stones?!" A satanic voice was echoing.

The only energy the grey general could feel was a demonic spleen arising from the ongoing hologram call. The monthly meeting was already over and Cole went back to his office. He had turned off all the lights in the room before he started the call. He didn't want anyone to figure out who he was speaking with. Only a red glowing light from the hologram illuminated the walls. A shape was seen, it was the silhouette of Lord Mobulous himself. The lord was intensely upset.

"Unfortunately yes, my lord." The general agreed.

"How is that possible?!" Mobulous whispered to himself. Many questions flooded his mind at once.

"Well, the Blackcrow managed to reach the region where planet Ulgara was hidden. They were supposed to do something completely different. But somehow, they found it," the grey one explained as briefly as possible.

"Silence, General! I'm thinking." Cole immediately went silent. The demonic lord wasn't really listening to Cole's explanation. He was more focused on how to get that material back in his clutches.

The general sensed annoyance from the evil superior. Since Pitch changed sides, Cole couldn't get rid of the feeling that Mobulous was on the verge of insanity, like he was back then. He became more insecure about how to handle situations. Without the Dustwing, he had one less source of power. As respectful as Cole was, he didn't want to mention it in Lord Mobulous's presence. He remained silent until his lord began to speak again.

The demon thought about the next step. He needed a plan to get that piece of stone back. That stone had a powerful source of fuel, which even some of Tricon's reactor-machines are using. There's a giant main source on another planet which only Mobulous had access to. Someone must have accidentally dropped it and lost it on Ulgara. Mobulous will find out whoever it was and they'll get their rightful punishment by all means necessary.

"We need to get that material back before they figure out what those stones are capable of!" Mobulous then demanded. It was a simple plan. Maybe too simple, but he couldn't think of anything else.

"I know where they are storing the material in our laboratories. It'll be easy for me to get them back." The general replied, but the dark lord was suspecting that he would mess up again.

Mobulous laughed at Cole's words. Knowing how Cole failed to keep Pitch and Hawk separated back then, he truly thought the lord would let him do such a simple plan? Pah! On the other hand, there was no one else who'd be near them. Unless, there was someone who'd be better for that job than Cole. The lord kept laughing, even though there was no better choice.

"Pah! I'll believe it when I see it back in your hands! Don't call me back until you have it." With that, the lord abruptly ended the call. Pure darkness surrounded the general in his office now.

The grey general became angered that Mobulous mocked his words. Did he really thought he wasn't capable of doing that? I'll show him what I can do, the general thought to himself and prepared to get that stone back. He knew exactly what to do now.

"My lord, I've heard everything." Another voice joined in Mobulous' throne room behind him. It was Tricon. He was eavesdropping and approached Mobulous after the call ended. He could sense the rage in his lord; the endless hatred towards Pitch and his new crew. Filled with fury, the demon turned around rapidly and Tricon had to be careful to not get hit by the tentacles emerging from his back as he did so. The lord snorted at him and looked deeply into the cyborg's visor. Well, what's left of it anyway.

"Cole's too clumsy to be successful with my plan, Tricon. He's even been trapped by Magnus's experiments before!" Mobulous reminded and watched how Tricon's expression changed and seemed like to agree with him.