Chapter 4 - Overheated Conflict

An awkward silence filled the bridge after the spaceship flew into hyper speed. "Like in good old times." Those words echoed in Hawk's mind on repeat. More old memories flooded back in. Memories from long ago. Some images ran in Hawk's mind of his past crew. No one could break the silence. Standing beside Captain Pitch made him feel insecure. He knew that Pitch had changed for the best by now, but his family was on board the Blackcrow. He didn't want to bring Moon and Starla into any unnecessary danger.

Whilst Hawk was distracted with his own thoughts, Moon noticed how Saros decided to magically vanish from his workstation. It seemed like he needed a moment for himself.

"Hawk? Would it be okay with you if I check on Saros real quick?" She asked and Hawk and Pitch both turned around. They looked up at Moon and realized that Saros was gone.

"He seems to be under a lot of stress lately," Hawk assumed. "Alright Moon, go check on him."

The cyan mother nodded and took the opportunity to slowly walk out of the main bridge. She gave Zipper a slight nod as a gesture that he should take over the navigation for now. Captain Pitch wasn't too focused on the situation. He was more focused on the mysterious material and the mission itself, which is why he didn't interfere.

Moon walked a few meters outside the corridors near the bridge, where she spotted a red bean leaning against the walls trapped in his thoughts. Seemed like Saros didn't teleport too far away, which Moon wondered about. As quietly as she could, she stepped closer to him. He looked frustrated, saddened, and unsure. The wizard finally realized that Moon was near him, and he vanished again. Moon didn't have any chance to start a conversation with him. She started to walk a bit ahead to search for him in the halls.

"Saros?" She whispered his name in hope that he would listen. He might have vanished, but Moon could somehow feel his presence was still nearby. "I care about you. Please- Tell me, what's on your mind lately? You can trust me, I promise."

"Can I truly trust you?" His voice then said, his body was invisible. Tiny sparkles appeared in front of Moon and circled around her. Those glowing particles belonged to Saros. Saros was gesturing for her to follow him. She followed him down the corridor until they reached his sleeping quarters. He used his magic to open the door and she went in. The room was completely dark. The glowing particles floated towards the couch, where Saros finally appeared again and turned on the light. He looked saddened and frustrated with himself. He had his back turned to Moon, his body language clearly expressing how he felt. He didn't even dare to turn around.

"Saros, I noticed that you aren't feeling well. We all have." She said quietly. He was aware that Moon wanted to help him, but he was certain about something else.

"I doubt that, Moon." He answered back and Moon remained silent for a while before she spoke again. Why would he question it?

"I'm sure they did." She said with confidence, knowing that Hawk told her that he found out that the wizard was under a great deal of stress a few minutes ago. But Saros slowly shook his head in disagreement. He refused to believe it.

"Didn't you see how careless Pitch was after I tried to warn him?!" Saros's erratic movement caused Moon to sink in fear. He turned around suddenly as he said that to her, angered that Pitch was so careless. The wizard started trembling out of frustration.

As Moon finally calmed down from Saros's sudden movements, the cyan mother carefully walked toward him. The only thought she had in her mind was that Saros was processing something in secret. Saros was indeed something else and to avoid infuriating him any further, she had to be sneaky with her words. It's not like she already tried her best to be gentle with him.