Chapter 14 - Overexerted

It took a while for the yellow engineer bean Flash to arrive together with our injured Cain at the medical station on board the Blackcrow. As the mechanic door opened heard Flash Captain Pitch's bad coughing. He saw how Moon soothed him down by petting his head and even held his black hand to give him the needed comfort. Starla noticed Flash with Cain on the entrance as well as The Doc as they came in.

Without hesitation went the black doctor to Flash and took care of the dark, cyan-colored bean.

"Is everything alright with Cain?" The doctor asked but Flash shook his head. Wasn't it obvious that Cain looked injured?

"No, Doc. You need to take care of him too. He's injured." Flash told him.

On the other side moved Pitch his head up to look at Cain's direction and cawed in pain: "I tried to protect Cain, but he got bitten by an undead rat as well. Behind his head."

"Behind his head?" The Doc repeated, Pitch nodded, and Moon felt his head slowly sinking back to his pillow again.

He wasn't strong enough to hold his head up. Whilst Pitch said that, got Cain his own bed by now. The dark cyan bean touched with his claws his stomach. The Doc witnessed Cain's color change on his face, he looked green. Nauseous.

"Are you feeling nauseous, Cain?" The Doc wanted to know, and Cain nodded slowly. With that statement, took the doctor another medical remote in his hand to transfer a special medication inside Cain. He remembered what Saros said earlier but he hoped it would at least soothe Cain's pain a little bit down. He couldn't just do nothing and watch how his members suffered in pain. Where was Saros anyway? What took him so long to get his spell?

"Does anyone know why Saros is taking so long to find the spell?!" Frustration was the only thing Moon could notice on The Doc's voice. She was asking that herself too. Where was he?

But in that very moment, as if Saros knew he'd say it appeared the red wizard in the middle of the room with a book and the material in his hands. His legs looked wobbly. He could barely stand on his feet's.

"Saros!" Moon shouted worried as he fell to the cold ground. He was too exhausted from the fight which happened in the library. His power was almost overused.

Flash ran towards the wizard and helped him to get a bit up. He was now inside the engineer's arms, leaned his body against him as well and used him like a pillow. Saros was panting intensely, he was sweating. Everyone was confused of what happened to him.

"Saros, what happened to you?" Moon was worried.

"N-nothing important for now. I took care of it. How's Pitch doing?" Saros questioned but Moon went silent.

"His condition got worse whilst you were gone, Saros. Cain got bitten by undead rats as well, do you think you could heal him too?" The Doc wasn't sure how Saros would react to it but in his surprise, he was calm. Instead of panicking, tried the exhausted wizard to stay up, to get to Pitch's bed. As he looked down into the captain's visor, felt Saros something. A feeling which wasn't familiar to him. He wasn't sure if he had enough magic to cure Cain as well. He doubted it.

"My magic is almost overused." Saros admitted and laid a hand on Pitch's stomach. Pitch felt Saros's hand pressure on his stomach and avoided to groan. "But I'll try. Captain, you have to stay strong now."

Without any more procrastinating activated the wizard the healing spell. Moon walked a bit aside as he did and went to her daughter instead to give her a protective hug. Her daughter couldn't watch how Pitch began to loudly scream while Saros did his spell on him. Pitch's hands hold on tight into the bed sheets. A burning pain swam inside the captain and Saros concentrated with his last power on the spell. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore Pitch's painful complains. He was aware of how much it hurt him at this very moment but to kill the phantom virus inside him, Saros had to do it, in order to heal him. For a moment believed Saros that he almost lost control of the spell, but everything went well. Luckily.