Chapter 21 - Garden Palace

"She seems to be a shy one", Captain Hawk noticed immediately after he saw King Ashton's daughter standing in the beam of sunlight.

"She is. I do believe Lumina got that from her mother. She used to be shy." The green moth-like king explained to his old friend. Something on King Ashton's mind seemed to bother him as he mentioned his wife.

Whilst Starla went to Lumina, the purple captain asked: "Speaking of your wife, may I ask where she is?"

"Queen Shalona went to another city to check on their citizens. She must attend an important meeting with Kulga's mayor. Kulga is one of the biggest cities from Walderan." King Ashton explained but something kept bothering him in secret.

Not sure what Ashton's mind was thinking about, Hawk continued with their conversation: "She's pretty busy, I'm assuming."

"Indeed, sometimes it's difficult for me to be separated from Lona. Without her by my side, I don't feel safe enough." King Ashton admitted.

Hawk's curiosity went up as he heard that. Was that the actual reason why King Ashton asked them for an urgent assistance request? The purple captain blinked his visor, clearly puzzled about his old friend's mindset.

"Was that the main reason why you asked us for an urgent assistance request?" He asked curiously and looked up to him.

King Ashton sighed, knowing deeply that it comes off weird. "I admit, kind of. But there's another reason why I asked for that request: some citizens of Walderan reported about the news that a nearby planet named Kelki has been destroyed by powerful impostors a while ago. Some of Walderan's people could successfully escape from that battlefield and reported to me what happened."

It wasn't just because he missed his wife and didn't feel safe enough, but because of several reports he got about those concerning news. Like he explained in his request. Captain Hawk understood his worries even more the more he talked about it. The green king walked slowly back to his throne and Hawk followed him whilst he said:

"I understand your concerns, my friend. Over the years, our space station grew and our sense of guarding people in need arose. General Skylar went to one of your defender stations around Walderan's orbit and is keeping a visor out, together with Captain Dawn. He's watching over it. Skylar is a defensive general; you can trust us with the work we do." Captain Hawk promised. To have such a conversation with an old friend of his relaxed Hawk. It's something different to have a much calmer mission as a change.

As they arrived in front of Ashton's throne, the king paused rather than to walk further, turned around to Hawk and looked deep into his cracked visor. The purple dad felt that King Ashton was processing a mindful thought. A bit of a quiet moment passed before he commented back:

"I deeply appreciate your help, Captain Hawk." King Ashton said gratefully.

Joyful laughs were suddenly heard from behind and interrupted their conversation. Starla and Lumina played and talked with each other in the background. It made Hawk happy to see his daughter in such a cheerful mood. Lumina seemed to like her as well; She was slightly smiling. Hawk's daughter ran towards her dad, her visor shined overly excited.

"Dad! Dad! Princess Lumina told me about their garden palace, and I want to see it so badly! Can we? Please!" The rose-colored young bean begged to her father with a pleading visor. No one could deny such an expression which Starla just did.

Captain Hawk chuckled delightfully, he couldn't say no. He looked over to King Ashton and was wondering: "Well, if King Ashton doesn't mind it?"

"I wouldn't mind walking around our garden palace while we're talking together", Ashton said. "But don't play too far away from our eyesight, children."