Chapter 41 - Emotional Whirlwind

Captain Pitch, Captain Hawk and Starla flew with their shuttle back to the Blackcrow's Shuttle Hangar, where the trio felt safer almost immediately and the warmth of the ship's atmosphere was tangible for all three. Upon disembarking from the shuttle, they were instantly met with some members of the crew.

Commander Moon, above all, rushed over to them to see if her beloved family was alright. A bright smile was clearly seen on her face as she spotted her husband and daughter beside Pitch. She couldn't hold herself back to give them a tight hug. Even if she knew full well her daughter had run away to a dangerous place, she was still relieved that Starla was alright at least. The other members of the Blackcrow either smiled away or ignored the scene completely.

After a bit of time, The Doc went over to Starla and the rest and checked on them to see if they were alright. Besides the fact that the trio's body temperature was still noticeably cold, they seemed to be okay. The bandage on Starla was the only thing The Doc also noticed on her, which made him question what could have happened.

"The planet was ridiculously cold. It was snowing where we went, and there were beans just like us living there too." Captain Hawk explained, his own heart freezing from the thought of the encounter on the planet's surface. The Doc silently nodded and recommended to the three that they'd rest up a bit. Yet, before anyone else could even think, Commander Moon had a certain look on her face as she darted her visor around, looking for someone.

"Wait... does anyone know where Saros is?" She asked, her heartbeat was pondering in concern. Upon hearing that, the few members who were with them; Berry, Flash and Zipper, turned to look a second at Moon, and then around the room.

"Yeah... where has Saros gone off to?" Berry questioned and remembered that Saros was actually with them.

A sigh came from Captain Hawk as he explained: "It's... complicated. As we flew down to the planet, we got a call from their ruler, who had held my daughter hostage in his claws. He wanted to trade my daughter for his son, which was Saros. To make it short: in order to get my daughter we traded Saros with her..."

"Hold on one second!" It was Flash's voice that was heard, the yellow bean couldn't believe what he heard. "If I'm not mistaken from what you've said... does that mean that Commander Saros is actually the heir to rule over this cold planet? He's a Prince?!"

Hawk and Pitch nodded together at Flash's realization, to affirm the engineer's thoughts. Everyone stood in silence at this, but out of the crew, there were those who were not entirely impressed or in surprise over the revelation. Even Hawk himself had some hidden guilt over the whole situation. The crew were gathered up and talking amongst themselves over the situation.

Standing by her parents, Starla had secretly felt her heart crack over the situation. Especially how much Uncle Saros meant to her. She felt responsible for the situation that happened, and she didn't quite know how to put it into words, especially when everyone dispersed and went back to their stations. Little did she know that someone else felt just as guilty as herself.

Glancing back as her parents conversed with a few others, the rose pink bean caught a glimpse of Uncle Pitch, standing back, and she decided to carefully toddle off to him. Pitch noticed Starla, yet he said nothing. He was too lost in his own mixed feelings and thoughts, which he couldn't put a finger on as to exactly why he was feeling them.

"Uncle Pitch?" The young bean began to talk but he only looked down. "I... I'm ever so sorry for running off like that. It wasn't my intention that things turned out like they did now."

The black bean did hear her apology through his whirlwind of thoughts. All he gave as a quick answer was a short but thoughtful: "Mhm..." The dark bean felt the feelings churn as Starla approached him.