Chapter 33 - The Next Plan

One day went by since Saros and Pitch had their argument on the Space Station Wildwhirl. Now, Commander Moon took care of Saros's scratches and kept him company when he needed it. No one noticed that Captain Pitch was gone since the past hours until a beep sound on Saros's sleeping-quarter's door was heard.

The cyan commander checked with her communication chip who stood on the mechanical entrance and let the visitor in after she knew who it was.

"Come in, Dr. Gura." Moon let her in.

The mechanical door opened the way for the scientist to come in. The lime greened bean was holding something in her hands. It was the result of the DNA test which she had to process as a task from her boss, Professor Esther, who's still stubbornly certain that Captain Pitch was the one that did the crime.

Saros and Moon were both sitting on the modern couch while she talked with them.

"Commanders", She greeted them with a nod. "I got the result from the DNA test and I have some interesting news. Do you know where Captain Pitch might be at this moment?"

"Not a clue", Moon explained. "We haven't seen Pitch since a while now."

"Perhaps, he went to his own sleeping-quarter, or his office room", Then, Saros joined the conversation. Without even looking at Dr. Gura. "Wouldn't surprise me... especially after what I did..."

Without thinking more about what Saros could mean by that, admitted Gura:

"I checked Captain Pitch's office and went to his sleeping-quarter earlier, in hope to find him there, but he was nowhere to be seen. Not even in Admiral Corentin's old room." Dr. Gura was already ahead of them. "That's why I'm asking you two, maybe you two know where he could be?"

But Moon shook her head, now extremely worried, where Pitch could be at this moment. "I'm sorry, Dr. Gura. But could we try to call him on his communication chip?"

"If he has it with him..." Saros mumbled but Moon was certain that he had.

Captain Pitch had his communication chip indeed with him the whole time, while he was visiting planet Aella. It was still raining and stormy around Rowan's village and everyone had gotten wet by now, the longer they stood in front of Marigelle's grave, to mourn about her loss. The angelic silhouettes from Corentin and Marigelle nearby on top of that hill, vanished once Pitch heard the beep sound from his communication chip in his pockets. With one unsure thought, he hesitated to activate the call. On his small chip, a symbol was visible: the symbol that represented Commander Moon. Pitch then remembered what he did to Saros the other day, and felt very guilty for what he did to him. Another thought ran through the lord's mind, what if it was important? And with that, he activated the call and greeted the cyan commander with a calm but cracking voice:

"What is it, Commander?"

"Pitch, where are you?" Moon asked, he could clearly hear her worried voice through the call and rain. "We're worried about you."

They were worried about me? In silence, Pitch thought to himself. Didn't seem like they were upset with him after all. "I'm somewhere. However, what's the matter, Commander?"

"You might want to come back to our Space Station, Captain. Dr. Gura has some great news about the DNA test to prove your innocence." The teal-colored commander explained with a very careful and soft undertone. She hoped she wouldn't stress him out about it again.

And to her surprise, Captain Pitch was calm about it himself. He hid a long frustrated sigh after his visor looked over to Rowan's mourning family and replied: "Alright, Commander. Expect my arrival soon."