Chapter 12 - Phantom Virus

Darkness surrounded Slum as he arrived in front of his captain. The green ghost was floating calmly and bowed respectfully before he began to talk. Spec seemed to be curious on the other side and paid full attention to him.

"Captain Spec," Slum said quietly. "I've concerning news about our enemies we have to deal with."

"Concerning news? Tell me more." Spec repeated in a slow way and saw how Slum nodded in agreement.

"I know them. I've worked in their crew before. You shouldn't underestimate them; they're determination is stronger than you might think." He explained and Spec was fascinated about it.

"Hm, interesting." Spec meant after Slum's report. Never did he imagine that one of his members knew about the Blackcrow. This would make things easier. Way too easy. The blue ghost came closer to Slum and floated around him in circles. Slum wasn't sure if he was trying to intimate him, but he wasn't afraid. A quiet snort was heard from Spec before he meant: "I've never doubted you, Slum. I knew from the beginning that you'd be useful for my crew. Now, tell me everything about them. I'm sure you have more knowledge which you'd like to share with me."

"Certainly, Captain." Slum spoke and told him about everything.

Saros was secretly dismayed to see Captain Pitch injured as he teleported himself to the medical station. Another black bean which had almost the same color as Pitch, checked on him and did some medical tests. The jacket which the captain usually had on himself took the doctor off his body to reach his bleeding wounds. A few blood drops got on the bed sheets as well whilst The Doc was about to clean them. But Pitch on the pillow side refused. He didn't want The Doc to touch him. Moon was with them and helped the doctor to soothe their captain, but he was stubborn.

"Stay calm, Captain." The Doc advised but he didn't listen. He moved wildly around in pain and groaned. "We have to clean your wounds first; it may burn for a few seconds, but it'll pass. You have to trust me."

Moon laid her hand on his chest and felt Pitch's stressed heartbeat. She did that in hope that he'd stay calm. Starla on the other bed observed everything in the distance. Her own wounds got cleaned by now and had some bandages around her spacesuit. She was questioning why Lord Pitch was afraid. That's something she never saw before. She didn't know that Pitch was able to be afraid as well.

"What are you guys doing with him?!" No one realized Saros's presence until he spoke, the doctor and Moon as well as Starla looked surprised at him. They were surprised to see him.

"Saros, now is not the time to -" Moon wanted to finish her sentence but got interrupted by Pitch's bad coughing. Everyone could see how pitch-black dust came out from Pitch's blood as he coughed badly. Even Saros's heartbeat began to grow stronger and was clueless of what to do. But he had seen this kind of dust before, somewhere.

"Pitch!" Moon yelled worried his name and witnessed how he fainted in front of them after his cough ended. The cyan commander felt his heartbeat still which calmed her inner panic and removed her hand on his chest.

"Well, at least he's calm now." The Doc mumbled and Saros had the urge to punch him for that sentence which he said but hold himself back. The doctor then transferred a medication throughout some kind of a remote on Pitch's neck, to keep the captain calm.

More and more black dust came out from Pitch's wounds and Saros's curiosity increased. With slow but worried steps toddled Saros to Pitch, touched his blood and investigated in silence. The others around him didn't know what he was doing and kept their visors puzzled at him.

"A phantom virus." Saros then whispered suddenly as he recognized the particles and calmed down.

"What did you say?" The Doc asked, he didn't understand his quiet voice.