Chapter 38 - Crumbling Insecurities

"Hmm... I wonder where that impulsive bean might have wandered off to." The curious question came from Zipper the navigator once they undocked from their space station.

Of course, as clever as Berry was, he scanned the shuttle's coordinates which the daughter from Moon and Hawk took. The scanners were able to reveal the coordinates to the place where she went and the red navigator set it to their destination, without sharing a word about it yet.

"She's not impulsive, Zipper, she's..." But Commander Moon got interrupted by Berry instead.

"... she's just like you, Moon. Curious. Way too curious if you ask me." The red one remarked, hoping in silence that he wasn't hurting her feelings.

Moon couldn't hold back a defeated sigh. "Alright... she could have gotten her curiosity from my side. She's my biological daughter after all. But I have no idea what could have gotten into her mind to just take a shuttle and fly to an unknown place..."

A deep, and more of an annoyed grumble was heard inside the bridge. Captain Pitch wasn't pleased about the situation before him.

"She's young." He said more to himself than anything, as he was looking outside towards the starfield. "She has to learn. But I must admit that I'm concerned as well. She doesn't know how to fly a shuttle just yet."

Pitch was right... Moon was thinking to herself after he mentioned his concerns and gently hung her head down, lost in worrisome thoughts. "She could have learned how to fly a shuttle the last time when Hawk and her went on that mission to Walderan. As curious as she is, I know that my daughter can be very smart too."

"Whatever." Saros suddenly interrupted from the other side. His annoyance was clearly audible. "Let's get going already. I still have other things I actually wanted to do instead of this emergency mission."

"Well, I've set up the destination. It was easy to scan and follow the shuttle's coordinates. The destination is... a few hours away from us." Berry let them know and Captain Pitch nodded.

That was Berry's signal to finally start the engines of the Blackcrow and to jump off into the speed of light towards their destination.

Silence followed inside the bridge after their spaceship flew off. Only Pitch sat down onto his chair and went back to listening to his own thoughts deeply. While all of this was going on, Moon's own thoughts began to swim wildly around as she began to overthink about her daughter's safety.

Before Moon could sink deeper into her overthinking, a red button from her screen flashed brightly, startling her back to reality. She realized the red light and pressed the button. On the other side of the call was Flash's voice.

"Captain, Commander Moon's help is urgently required in our storage room. Shepp and Bane got into an argument."

Captain Pitch did hear Flash's unexpected report and hold back a frustrated sigh. Instead, Moon was answering back: "I'll come over, Flash. Is Shen also around?"

"Yes, Bane, Shepp and Shen. I heard their loud voices as I passed our storages and got concerned. Only to find them arguing over..." The yellow engineer let out an annoyed sigh while he continued: "... certain storage issues. It appears that there is an inconsistency with the weapons inventory. I still don't know why we have these, seeing we don't use them anyways but, agh, whatever."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes to sort it out." The cyan commander said and rushed out of the bridge to help her colleagues right away.

Now that even Commander Moon had to leave the bridge, Saros grew silently embarrassed to be alone in the bridge, alongside Pitch. Although, he was aware that Berry and Zipper were still here, doing their work in peace. But it felt different for the wizard this time. Silence was all that encompassed the room at this moment...