Chapter 16 - Paranormal Dimension

Everyone stood still. No one dared move a single inch after the demonic ghost crew appeared right in front of them. They glared furiously at the Blackcrow crew. It was obvious what their goal was: To kill them. There's was only one question: why?

"You must be Lord Pitch." The blue demonic ghost known as Spec was the one that broke the silence and glared deeply into Pitch's half broken visor after spotting the Lord.

Indeed, Spec could feel his experiences he made throughout his life. All the mental scars he endured in his mortal body... how amusing. The ghost slowly hovered closer towards him. Pitch's aura was fascinating to behold. Two beans, Bane and Zipper, prepared themselves to fight the ghost. At all costs, they wanted to protect their Captain from this beast. Bane took out a knife and Zipper unsheathed his razor-sharp claws. Spec remained unfazed by this, however. He was more amused by the fact that they thought of killing him with a knife and their mortal claws. His red glow in his visor moved to the brown and grey bean.

"You mortal beings keep forgetting that I'm already dead." Spec commented, to which the pair growled at him.

Outside the Blackcrow's spaceship, an ominous black bubble surrounded the ship like a cocoon. Through the dark space, the spaceship looked bloody and filthy. Red aura surrounded the black bubble, as far as Captain Wedly could see from within his own spaceship. It was obvious that he was concerned about his colleagues out there seeing how their spaceship's look changed without any warning.

What Wedly couldn't fathom was that the Blackcrow got trapped in a paranormal dimension: Spec's and every other demonic ghost's home dimension. A dimension, in fact, where it was possible to touch them, as their ghostly bodies turned to a solid substance while they remained in that dimension.

Captain Wedly, an orange bean, stood up from his seat inside their bridge and wandered over to the window. Even the other members from the Starfall became concerned about their friends. Especially Commander Sunny who stood with Captain Wedly on her workstation behind him. She hoped that Moon and her family were safe.

"Captain, don't you think we should help our friends out?" Sunny was asking and wanted to help, but Wedly wasn't sure. He had never dealt with something as weird as this before. He was very insecure, not sure if he should involve himself and his precious crew into such a deadly mission. The orange captain kept thinking.

"Anyhow, there is something your crew has, and I'd like to have that back." Spec threateningly demanded.

Moon was putting her feather back to the flower crown again in the background of all this chaos and was just as puzzled as the others about what he was talking about. What was it that he wanted? As Moon's visor glanced over every demonic ghost, the cyan bean noticed Slimey. The green ghost detected her as well. It also seemed like he was confused about who the rose bean cowering beside Moon was, thinking in silence as he detected them.

"There is nothing our crew has which could possibly belong to you." It was rare for Pitch to talk with such long sentences. He only did that if he really had to. Even after years, Pitch wasn't much of a talker. Of course, Spec assumed that he lied, and he grew immensely livid.

Without any more hesitation, Spec furiously gave a sign to his crew members that they should prepare their weapons for a battle. Especially Butcher: he was overly excited to beat them. Slum, however, wasn't sure after he spotted Moon with the rose-colored bean together with Hawk. They looked too much like a family in his black visor. He was remembering how much Moon loved Hawk in their past crew, and was beginning to entertain the thought about them being a family.

"Oh, but there is. My demonic ghosts - CHARGE! NO MERCY!" Spec suddenly commanded his members with a firm, loud voice and the raising of a furious clawed paw; and within an instant the demonic ghosts began the assault against the mortal crew with all the power and fury they had. The mortal crew responded to the charge by defending themselves.