Chapter 11 - Old Pals

Skeptically looked the green ghost bean at the strangers, who seemed to know his old name. Not expecting who he was looking at kept the demon his black visor on them. He studied their look. His face changed drastically to a bitter expression as he finally recognized who they were.

"Oh, it's you, Shepp." The ghost said and looked at Shepp. Not pleased at all to meet them again nor did he expect it. He'd rather forget about them instead. After he realized Shepp, moved the demon his red glow inside his visor to Flash.
"And Flash."

Shepp and Flash were terrified to see him again; Slimey, a previous member from the Nightclaw crew. Who died many years ago within a spirit attack. He got killed by spirits and now he became one of them.

"You do remember us?" Flash asked, with a nervous voice.

"Of course, I do." The green ghost responded, quite irked about the question itself.

In that moment noticed Flash how Shepp changed his terrified position and laughed unexpectedly. Slimey got irritated as he did as well as Flash.

"It's just Slimey, Flash. He won't do us any harm. C'mon let's get out of here." Before Shepp could drag his mission partner to the way he wanted, to leave this room, flew the demon ghost furiously in front of them to block their way out. Slimey's visor was full of livid.

"Stop calling me Slimey! My name's not Slimey anymore." He then mentioned and the orange one got quite curious and turned around. "My name is Slum now."

Another gleefully giggle came from Shepp, he had to hold it back to not laugh loudly about his new name. "Slum? Pfft, who gave you that dump name? Yourself? Wouldn't surprise me."

"My captain did, Shepp." Slum replied disgruntled and was vexed about his former friend's assumption. He remembered how badly Shepp did treat him back then. Yes, he could clearly remember it.

The yellow engineer close to Shepp moved his head up. He was curious to know who the captain of this haunted spaceship was. Shepp was quite abashed to hear that his captain re-named him instead of himself. Afterwards, the orange bean did regret that he was making fun of him. They truly didn't want to know how their captain was nor who it was. Who ever this spaceship might lead, they must be powerful. And both didn't want to mess around with them.

"T-they must be pretty powerful, h-heh?" Shepp surprisingly admitted and tried to brownnose him. In hope he'd maybe have a bit of a chance of getting forgiveness, but it was no use.

The green demonic ghost shook his head instead and meant angered: "You've always treated me badly, Shepp. And now... you'll pay for it!"

A slight breeze followed right after; Slum disappeared as his body began to glow in red. The rooms scenario began to change again within the breeze, which Shepp and Flash felt around their body. After the wind slowed down, noticed Shepp their shuttle behind them. The others, Cain, Starla and Pitch were there as well. There was no sign from Slum anywhere. Looked like he had enough from their annoying conversation and wanted them to leave instead.

Oh no, thought Shepp as he saw the rest of their mission group, it seems like Pitch got badly injured.

The yellow member noticed it as well and ran together with Shepp to their mission partners and checked on their lord. His scars were bleeding, and he got a few more wounds on his face. The blood from his scars ran down to his outfit and made it look filthy.

"What happened with him?!" Shepp was asking and wanted an answer right away. But Starla shook her head. Even Starla got some wounds on her rose-colored body.

"There's no time for explanation, Shepp, we need to get out of here, immediately!" Starla said in a hurry.

Pitch was badly injured and couldn't walk on his own, Cain had to help him with getting into their shuttle. The second shuttle stood beside them, a few meters away. Flash took the other one with Starla, whilst Shepp navigated the second shuttle with Cain and Pitch and flew out the haunted spaceship.