Chapter 19 - Despair

On their way back to the space station Wildwhirl, Captain Pitch decided to check on Saros. To see how he was doing in the capable hands of Moon and Starla.

He wandered slowly inside his sleeping-quarters after Moon gave him the permission to come in. The lights were set to night mode. The first thing Pitch saw was Saros sleeping peacefully on the modern rounded couch. Every sleeping-quarters looked almost the same normally. On the walls however, the captain spotted shelves which Saros had installed to store mystical stones and magical artifacts which he owned and carried with him. Books were placed upon them as well.

His curiosity didn't last long and moved his visor back to the sleeping wizard. Starla still had bandages on her body whilst her mother didn't seem to have gotten any kind of scratches in their last battle, she can call herself lucky. Not even Pitch cleaned his blood on his face yet.

Of course, Moon saw him coming in. The mother stood slowly up from the couch and walked over to prepare a glass of water for her captain. She walked softly over to Captain Pitch and handed him the glass of water; He seemed to be thirsty. Pitch accepted the glass and took a few sips before he knelt down to check on Saros.

Saros was peacefully snoring.

"How's Saros doing?" With a deep quiet and calm voice, the captain asked. He softened his voice down to not wake Saros up from his sleep.

The aquamarine commander was surprised that Pitch took the time to check on Saros. Moon was right as she told Saros before, that Pitch did in fact care. She smiled in secret and commented quietly back:

"He's sleeping well. We don't know when he'll wake up from his sleep again."

Pitch nodded. "Hm. Let him sleep as long as he has to."

As those words fell, Pitch noticed a light reflecting in the corner of his half-broken visor. The soft light came from Moon's feather on her flower crown. Pitch stood up and wandered with careful steps towards where Moon was standing. He remembered the voice he heard from that feather. Something about it felt familiar for Pitch but he couldn't point out what exactly it was.

He couldn't get his visor away from the feather.

"That familiar aura...", Pitch whispered, and Moon was puzzled what he could possibly mean. "Commander, may I keep your feather for a while?"

Pondering over it, Moon wasn't sure if she should. But Pitch seemed to be interested in it. Moon was too kind to not deny it. She gently plucked the feather off her flower crown and gave it to Pitch.

"Of course, Pitch."

No one expected what happened next as Pitch held the feather in his own claws: an outline from an invisible white bean with huge wings appeared in front of Pitch's eyesight.

Moon and Starla couldn't see the reflection. They only saw how their black captain held his forehead in pain. He gave the feather back to Moon in an instant. The pain faded after he decided to not hold the angelic object any longer. The outline was blurry, and Pitch couldn't recognize who it was.

But something felt oddly familiar about it...

"Keep the feather, Commander." Pitch said, changing his mind.

"A-alright." Moon replied, still quite confused about his sudden change of mind.

In that moment their spaceship jumped out of hyper-speed. The stars outside went back to their normal shape.

"Commander, we arrived. I need to go to the medical station." Pitch said and was ready to go.

"Stay safe, Captain Pitch." Moon answered back as goodbye.