Chapter 8 - The Undead

"Ah, there they are." A deep cracking voice echoed through the bridge from a haunted spaceship, which was flying in front of the Blackcrow. Not pleased that their disguise got unmasked by a magical force, a dark blue ghost bean slowly floated closer to the middle of their bridge. "Seems like they noticed us by now. What a shame."

"Captain Spec, their spaceship is bigger than ours." Another voice behind him raised up. It didn't seem like their captain cared about this certain detail at all. He swung himself around and glared at one of his ghostly members; a bean with forest-fire like colors and a body shape that closely resembled an axolotl.

"You forgot about one thing, Saul." He then went and reminded: "The size of a spaceship doesn't matter. What matters is who will be leading it. A captain's personality and strength of will is more important than the size of their spaceship."

That wise advice made Saul sink away in silence. With respect, the axolotl ghost nodded and floated back into the shadows. The captain turned once again around to look at the giant spaceship again and studied it closely with his pitch-black visor for a fleeting moment. "We have been assigned the mission to distract them from General Cole's attempt to steal a certain material, which Tricon needs back. Don't be careful, be rough with our victims. Have I made myself clear enough?"

"Aye, Captain." Only one did answer him in return, a purple ghost with spider-like legs that seemed to erupt from his back. The others understood silently and faded away.

"That was just a foretaste, Blackcrow." Spec was quietly mumbling to himself. Determined to fulfill Lord Mobulous's mission. "The real fun, begins now."

"S-Saros? Do you know what that thing is?" A worried voice raised up: it was Moon who's thoughts got distracted by worries. With her visor focused on the mysterious spaceship, the cyan bean listened closely to Saros's answer.

"I've never seen this kind of spaceship before, Moon." The wizard admitted. "I'm not sure what it is. All I can say is; it doesn't look like the cleanest spaceship."

It truly didn't look clean. Whoever this ship belonged to, they were really lazy with cleaning or repairing the damaged parts.

"Zipper, contact them." An order came from Pitch, he wandered away from Moon to make a gesture that he felt better. At least, that's what Pitch pretended. Zipper, from his workstation, tried to contact the strange ship. But no one responded. Nobody seemed to be on board. He wasn't even able to scan it. It was there but its actual existence wasn't.

"I can't contact them, Captain." Zipper reported. A mumbled snarling was the only response from Pitch which his members heard.

"I guess we have no other choice but to explore this spaceship on our own." Totally startled and puzzled about their lord's sudden demand, everyone looked at Pitch from their positions.

"Pitch, are you crazy?!" Hawk said in frustration and fear. "You have no clue what could wait for us on that spaceship once we step foot on it!"

Hawk was right in a point, a point which even Moon could understand. Not even their own daughter was happy to hear about this suggestion from the black captain. Sure, she knew that Pitch was just doing his duties: duties to investigate, to increase knowledge and perhaps to make new friends and allies. But that spaceship didn't look friendly a single bit. Something with its current spooky aura gave Starla the creeps and her mother as well.

Insecurities were filled up in them and the family continued to look at Pitch with a worried and fearful expression. As Pitch turned himself around, he noticed that his members weren't ready to explore the ship. But someone had to do it. Someone, c'mon.

"I'm not, Hawk." Pitch refuted. "However, before we can continue with our work, we need to get rid of this bewitched spaceship. I have the assumption that they have to do something with Ulgara's citizens' sudden change in behavior."