Chapter 7 - Past Reflections

"Mom, look! Something else is happening with the planet!" Starla noticed the change on the planet's surface. Not knowing what was going on, tried Moon to get into contact with the shuttle. But the signal was too weak. She became more and more worried about Pitch, Hawk and Saros down there.

"I see it, Starla." Moon said as answer, in total panic.
"Zipper, keep trying to contact their shuttle!" Moon ordered but even Zipper wasn't successful as he tried. The mother got into panic. Her panic raised up and before she could fully develop her worries, saw Zipper a blinking dot on the navigation scans. It was their shuttle!

"Commander, the navigations detected their shuttle. They are on their way back." He then reported and Moon sighed relieved. The rose-colored bean went to her mother to help her to calm down.

It took a while for the trio to fly back to the hangar safely. Moon and Starla were patiently waiting for their return. The shuttle landed on a free spot. The door didn't open for a short moment after the shuttle landed but then, it did. The door from the shuttle opened and Pitch, Saros and Hawk walked out. Still exhausted from running. Moon ran towards them to help. They looked really confused and puzzled. Still in thoughts on what just happened on the planet before they had to flee.

"Hawk, what happened?" Moon wanted to know.

"Something unexpected." Her husband replied as answer and continued with explaining whilst he was catching for more air: "The leader of Ulgara behaved weird since we arrived to talk with him. He was too stubborn to tell us more about his crystals."

The purple captain took a break from talking and Saros continued, who was leaning himself on the shuttles wall with one free hand: "No, Hawk. He wasn't stubborn."

Saros's feedback made Hawk even more puzzled. "Excuse me? You've seen how stubborn he was yourself."

But the wizard shook his head slowly. "Let me explain: he wasn't stubborn. I sensed something weird as I looked at him. A weird sense as if he was controlled."

Moon was surprised to hear that. "Controlled? Like in... manipulated?"

Another nod made Saros as agreement to Moon's reply. Hawk looked at his wife and told her about something else: "The only information we got was, with what the tea was made of which we got from him. It's flavor."

As Pitch heard Hawk's sentence, he only rolled annoyed and angered with his visor. With slow steps, walked the black lord closer to Hawk, to give him an angered expression. "If you wouldn't have distracted him, we could have gotten a different information."

"Pitch, according to what Saros just said, he was possibly manipulated. That means: we wouldn't have gotten anything out of him at all. It was not my fault that we didn't get any information out of him!" Hawk's weird, angered undertone concerned Moon beside him. She didn't want them to argue about it. Even Saros was curious about the current tension between them. The wizard was watching everything in silence to study their actions.

For Pitch popped up flashbacks from their past crew after Hawk said the last line. The cyan mother stepped in to calm Hawk down. She felt the weird tension too and she didn't want to escalate it any further.
"Calm down, my honey." Moon said gingerly and Hawk gave his best to calm his anger. She hugged him and petted slowly his chest to calm his wild heartbeat, which the cyan bean could feel. Whilst Pitch had a hard time in controlling his own feelings. His rage did raise in silence. He even had to growl out of anger.

The wizard heard his growl and became concerned about his mood change too. With courage had Saros the idea to carefully touch Pitch's shoulder but he was insecure to do that. He stopped before he could lay his hand on his shoulder but it was too late. As Pitch felt his sudden and unexpected touch, shook the black bean the wizard's hand away and looked at him annoyed before he stepped a few steps away from the red bean, to get a distance from him.