Chapter 35 - Closed Cases

It was clear in the sky that the sunset began to set on planet Walderan and the first stars were shimmering behind the clouds as Captain Hawk and King Ashton talked things out inside the castle.

"Well, King Ashton", Hawk began to close out the lengthy conversation with him. "I hope I was able to clear your mind as well. And it doesn't seem like anyone would target Walderan after the unexpected fate of planet Kelki."

Ashton nodded and looked him deeply into his visor. "Perhaps I was overreacting about the situation myself. But if there's also something I learned before is that you can never be too sure. Walderan is... to say it simple, one of the holiest planets in Kytarium and you space captains should, hopefully, be aware of why."

His strict undertone gave Hawk some kind of chills, very well knowing what he meant by that. His own knowledge wasn't as great as before, but he did remember the most important information about Walderan and understood what his friend was talking about.

"Of course we do." Captain Hawk confirmed and nodded.

Standing behind Ashton was Captain Pitch, together with General Skylar and Hawk, and could see in the corner of his visor how the general was helping Pitch to walk on his own feets. That was Hawk's sign that they should hurry up to go back to the Blackcrow to take care of Lord Pitch's wounds, which he sustained from the impact with the pillar and Saros's lightning strikes earlier. Looking around behind Ashton's back, the purple captain realized that Saros was still kneeling on the castle's mosaic art underneath him. Until Pitch, supported within the supporting arms of Skylar, moved his visor at him. The wizard's shame arose and he vanished instinctively away, leaving a glittering light from the teleportation magic.

Such secrecy in Saros' actions left Captain Pitch wondering why Saros was behaving like that lately.

"That's good", Ashton replied and didn't take much notice that Hawk was looking behind him. "Because if anything bad would ever happen to this planet..."

Another figure joined their conversation, it was Queen Shalona who put her hands on Ashton's shoulders from behind him and interrupted his overthinking.

"I've lived on planet Walderan for a long while, my sunshine. I can pretty much tell you that no one would ever dare to target our planet. I believe we should work on your habit of overthinking for now. I'll be willing to help you." She was determined to help him, and the knowledge of that calmed Ashton.

Once Starla also said goodbye to her friend Lumina nearby, Hawk was paying attention to the situation behind Ashton once again. He should probably hurry up a bit to get back to the Blackcrow.

"Yes, I have to agree with you, ma'am. Now, I think it's time to get back to our spaceship. It looks like Lord Pitch could need some medical attention for now." Captain Hawk said, and before he left with the others together, he shook hands with both Ashton and Shalona.

It didn't take too long for the crew to arrive back on the Blackcrow. For General Skylar, it had been a while since he last was aboard Lord Pitch's spaceship and even the two other crew members of his were in awe of how huge the ship was. The experienced general took great care and a lot of his time to bring our wounded Pitch to the Medbay, where The Doc was waiting for their arrival.

"What happened to him?" The Doc wanted to know once he saw his injuries. Some burning wounds and scratches were all the doctor could see that were obvious on Pitch's body, and even then it was concerning at the very least.

"Commander Saros, Doc." That short explanation was everything that The Doc needed to know and nodded in understanding.

"Take him to the bed in the nearby ward to rest. I'll take care of him." The gray doctor advised him, and the general hastily followed his instructions, guiding Pitch over to a hospital bed for him to have some much needed rest.