Chapter 20 - Walderan

Days after days passed by since that traumatic experience for General Cole happened.

Over time, a lot of complaints and reports went in for Captain Pitch that once again a planet had been destroyed by impostors: planet Kelki. Which was once a home planet for many of Kytarian's. A few of Kelki's past citizens successfully fled from that battle and returned to their friends or other relatives to heal their damaged sanity. To have a place where they could make themselves another home for now.

Captain Pitch was kept in his office as more and more notifications popped up on his screen at the desk he had. Hundreds of notifications. The sheer amount of them overwhelmed the black captain, he couldn't hope to answer them all. He looked away from the screen only to sigh and looked at the office door on the other side of the room to take a breather. He was deep in thoughts.

He took his claws and covered them on his face, he was frustrated. Frustrated about what to do. Until one certain notification caught his attention. It was a request from planet Walderan.

Whilst Captain Pitch was still stuck in his office, Moon and Starla checked over Saros. Five days passed by after the skirmish happened with the haunted crew. The red wizard looked much better now, but he wasn't fully recovered yet. Parts of his magic regained its energy, but Saros still felt exhausted.

A peep was heard on Saros's sleeping-quarters entrance. Someone wanted to come in. The cyan commander took a chip which was connected to the door and asked who was there.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Captain Hawk. May I come in?"

Obviously, Saros wasn't pleased to hear that Captain Hawk was visiting them. Couldn't it have been Captain Pitch instead? Saros annoyingly thought to himself, closed his visor and pretended to sleep.

With no more thinking let Moon her husband in. Hawk held a tablet in his hands and looked over information as he stepped inside the room.

"Moon", He began as he walked closer. "Captain Pitch got an urgent assistance request from a planet named Walderan."

Walderan? Saros, who pretended to sleep, eavesdropped on the conversation in silence. He heard about this planet before. He secretly tried to remember the more Hawk talked about it.

Moon was listening, genuinely curious.

"According to the request, they've heard about the destructive news from planet Kelki a few days ago and fear the same could happen to them." Captain Hawk continued explaining.

"A planet got destroyed?!" Moon was appalled to hear such tragic news. Not even Starla wanted to believe it.

"Yes, my dear. A meaningful home planet for General Cole's wife, who I saw had just lost her baby in that impostor incident a few days ago." Hawk described.

The purple captain witnessed the shock Moon had upon hearing such dreadful news, and he truthfully expected Moon's reaction.

"That's awful!", Moon said, dismayed. "I'm really sorry General Cole and his wife are going through such a difficult time. Is he doing alright? And his wife?" Moon had so much empathy. She couldn't imagine how painful that tragic loss must feel like for them.

Her husband nodded slowly. "They should be alright by now. Don't worry about them. Now, my idea was: what if Starla and I do a quick trip to Walderan and check on their condition? Somewhat like a 'father and daughter-mission'."

His visor moved over to his daughter. After such a havoc mission a few days ago, the rose-colored bean wasn't sure if she should join any more missions. But this one seemed to be a calm one, Starla hoped. She agreed and nodded.