Chapter 13 - Visions

Captain Hawk went with Flash, Shepp and Cain back to their bridge to receive their status report about the mission. Bane and Berry were both at their workstations while the others took care of the rest of the spaceship.

Outside their windows was the Starfall seen, which Captain Wedly led. They investigated the planet's orbit but so far nothing happened on their spaceship yet. Wedly was glad about the calm. It seemed like they had their interest focused on the Blackcrow. Another reason to not get too involved into the mission, Wedly pondered in silence and would only help once they get ordered to do so.

The purple captain walked around the room, lost in his thoughts momentarily before he asked for a status report to his crew members: "I'd like to hear what exactly happened on board that spaceship."

An awkward silence began to rise up on the bridge before anyone started the report. No one knew how to start. As the captain noticed their insecurities helped the purple one out: "Flash, you'll start."

The yellow engineer bean swallowed nervously. "Captain Pitch ordered them to split our group in half to investigate the spaceship. Shepp and I met someone on board, a demonic ghost who played with our fears."

"A demonic ghost? May I ask who you've met?" Captain Hawk questioned his members.

Flash demurred and wasn't sure how Hawk would react to his report.

"Slimey, Captain. We've met Slimey." Flash spoke and Hawk couldn't believe his ears. He was speechless to hear about a previous member again, a previous member who died many years ago. Hawk remembered their spirit attack back then and got flashbacks of how Slimey died. He simply couldn't believe it.

"Well, his name is Slum now, Flash. Don't forget that." Shepp then interrupted and corrected him.

"Slum?" Hawk whispered quietly and Shepp nodded one time. Why did Slimey rename himself? Hawk was questioning silently in his mindful marathon and almost didn't hear Shepp's voice in the background.

"Aye, Captain. Slum." Shepp said.

Guilt and frustration built up inside Hawk and he massaged his forehead. In hope to organize his thoughts. He turned around and looked at the haunted spaceship. Lost in his thoughts, the purple captain wandered slowly towards the bridge's window and carefully touched it with his left hand.

Behind Hawk, Cain felt a sudden burning behind his head and he had to cover it. The burning pain increased wildly in his body, and he began to cough badly. Flash glanced over at Cain and wanted to help the dark-cyan bean, but Cain waved his help away. Hawk heard the turmoil.

"It's nothing, Flash. Don't wo -" But Cain had to cough again. The purple captain turned back and was worried about Cain. He walked to him and asked:

"Are you alright, Cain? What happened on your side with Pitch and Starla?" The purple captain wanted to know. But Cain couldn't answer. He suddenly started to struggle with keeping up his breathing and became dizzy, it was getting worse the more his pain increased.

"W-we got attacked by undead rats, C-Captain..." Cain laid his claw on his stomach and had to sit down before he fell out of dizziness. His view was blurry and couldn't recognize the purple captain anymore.

"Flash, bring Cain to the medical station." Captain Hawk then ordered, and Flash followed his order. With a worried expression, the purple captain looked back to Shepp. Shepp kept his visor on him until he walked to his captain's chair to sit down. Hawk was deep in his thought and didn't know what to do next. Of course, Shepp just couldn't just stand there and do nothing. With slow steps, the orange bean walked near his chair and looked outside for a little while before he spoke: