Chapter 27 - The Saloon

Planet Aella was an Earth-like planet. With lots of bodies of water, islands... and was once Admiral Corentin's home planet. By visiting Corentin's home planet, Captain Pitch hoped he would find a place where he could relax... To be away from all the stressful situations and all.

His shuttle jumped out of hyper speed and the huge planet made its appearance in front of him. He navigated his shuttle down to the surface. A storm was in full force exactly where he wanted to land. A lightning strike zapped behind his shuttle, but the black captain flew safely through it.

As he passed the big storm clouds, a giant old village spread out in front of him on the horizon. This planet wasn't advanced regarding its evolution and technology. It felt like a time travel to ancient times for Captain Pitch. Maybe that was truly a good place to find some relaxation for now.

Nobody seemed to pay that much attention to the Lord once he arrived near the villagers' houses. Our Lord felt the rain pouring on his spacesuit after he climbed out his shuttle. Unsure, if their people might recognize him, Captain Pitch donned a black cape and hid himself inside of it. He wandered through the old village for a while, until he reached a certain building.

Mapec's Saloon.

Was the name labeled on the entrance doors above him. Music and laughs were heard from within the establishment. For a moment, hushed mouse-like creatures between wood-stairs and under Pitch's feet and ran instinctively away.

A lightning strike zapped above the village once Captain Pitch decided to slowly step into the building. He knew he had to be careful around this place. A strong smell reached his nose that wafted from certain meals and drinks which this saloon offered to its patrons.

The music around them stopped as he walked in. People on their seats looked over to the stranger, frightened and concerned. Seemed like Pitch accidentally terrified them with his sudden presence. It wasn't his intention to scare them.

Only his heavy steps and the storm outside were heard as he walked closer to the bartender's table. The melody behind him continued as he sat down.

The bartender noticed his new client and became curious. Never had he seen this guy before. A stranger, he assumed. A stranger to investigate out before he offered him a drink. Pitch was calm and quiet. He didn't pay much attention to his surroundings and enjoyed the ambience among him in secret.

An echo appeared inside Captain Pitch's mind. A voice from the past. But before he could listen to the voices inside his head, a shadow came in front of him and drew nearer. It was the bartender, a dark brown bean, who now stood in front of Lord Pitch on the other side of the table and looked sternly and skeptical at him. Slowly, Pitch moved his own head up to look at the bartender's visor. Someone, he never saw before.

"I don't believe you are from here, stranger", The bartender guessed correctly. He wasn't. "Who are you?"

But Pitch remained quiet. Too insecure to raise up his voice. The bartender became inpatient and bowed his body over the table to look closer at Pitch. As he did, the bartender noticed the black captain's half broken visor and scars which he had under his cape.

"You aren't much of a talker, hm?" The bartender kept trying to interact with Captain Pitch. Didn't seem like he recognized who he was talking to.

"I've got the fitting drink for someone like you."

The brown one said and gave Pitch an empty glass. Before the bartender filled his glass, Pitch reached into his pocket and presented five golden chips out on the table, which were formed like a square. Those squares were Pykes, Kytarium's currency.

"Five golden Pykes... Now, that's a rare amount for my old visor." The bartender became even more curious who that stranger was. Never did someone pay him so much at once for a simple drink. "However, I'm not sure if I should trust you... stranger."