Chapter 24 - Recollections

"I was asking, because there is something, I need to admit, Captain Hawk. Something I have kept to myself, since I started building my own family again. My own home..." The green moth-like bean, King Ashton made a confession. Whilst Ashton was leaning himself with his back on the bench, he looked up to the sky which was covered by the dense leaves and branches overhead, was lost in thoughts and flashbacks and observed bird-like creatures flying by.

"I'm listening, my friend." Obviously, the purple captain offered his help. With a heavy sigh continued the green bean:

"Do you remember the first time I met you, Captain Hawk?" King Ashton was wondering.

That sudden question was unexpected. Of course, the purple father remembered everything about planet Jenaja and the past mission he had. He got reminded about the wild times which his crew had to endure within these events. Hawk nodded, slowly in agreement.

"I do remember when we first met. It was a wild mission for us and all we wanted, was to investigate Jenaja and to ally with your folk, your home, to help them." Captain Hawk explained from his memory. Never did he imagine that he'd come back to these flashbacks... To the echoes from the past, some good, some he'd rather forget. "But what exactly is it that is bothering you, Ash? Why do you ask me such an unexpected question?"

Judging by his facial expressions, it was noticeable how much Ashton was sunk in memories, fear and worries.

"You know...", He began. "I deeply miss my home, Hawk. I miss my family. My mom, even my dad. The places on my home planet. I know, planet Jenaja wasn't one of those beautiful planets like Walderan is in comparison, but it was my home, Captain. My home. I still can't believe that my home planet got destroyed by this... argh, cruel impostor crew."

Once Ashton mentioned about the impostor crew, he knew exactly who he was referring to. It seems to be the case that Ash wasn't aware that the Blackcrow is combined with exactly that crew he was talking about. Was the king even aware that Captain Pitch was now the ruler of our galaxy? Pitch was the true heir; Hawk was pretty sure that the majority knew that he was now ruling over it... That he changed sone those days. Did King Ashton know about it, too?

"I understand that this was a traumatic experience for you, my friend. But you've found a new home again and you've built your very own family. Your daughter. That's something we should be proud of." Captain Hawk said and encouraged his friend.

After Ashton got reminded about their daughters; he quickly noticed that he couldn't hear or see their children anywhere. He stood up, abruptly from the bench and the purple captain wasn't sure what he was on about. His friend's head moved wildly around as he was looking for something.

"Is everything alright?" Hawk simply asked and stood up from the bench as well, Worried and concerned.

"Shht, Captain, I can't see or hear our daughters." He then realized and kept looking around the garden palace. No signs from their daughters were seen nor heard anywhere. Ash suddenly unfurled his wings and took off, hovering in the air, to have a better look above. But to hover like this exhausted him and he had to land every few seconds to get his breath back.

Now, realizing that fact, even Hawk got concerned about his own daughter. They were truly nowhere seen. Maybe they were playing hide n' seek? To not get into sudden panic, Hawk gave his best to stay calm. To also not cause more panic for King Ashton.

While that was going on, Starla and her new friend Princess Lumina were standing there in total shock that they had found such an unexpected treasure inside this temple. Something inside Starla told her to be careful but at the same time she became increasingly curious.

"That's Grove? Woah ...!" Once again, the star bean was silently trapped in her amazement.

"Yeah, it seems like it. And the heartbeat around us, it could be their own heartbeat. At least, it feels like it", It was an assumption which the white bean had, but even she feared the huge crystal and what it meant. The Laveries seemed to have been very powerful beings at one point, if even wizards and warlocks feared that their magic was in danger by the presence of the element benders.

"You have no idea how cool this is!", Starla said with a more high-pitched voice, full to the brim with joy. "Lumi! We need to tell our parents about this discovery! C'mon, let's go back and report it!"

"Wait!" Before Starla could run off back to their parents, Lumina stopped her by gently grabbing a hold of one of the rose-colored bean's hands. A weird feeling ran inside Starla once she felt her touch on the hand. Something that she couldn't recognize. With panting, Starla looked back to her friend and looked directly into her visor. "It's a good idea to go back to our parents, but I don't think we should tell our parents about our discovery. Not yet."

Extremely mystified, the star bean replied: "But... why not?"

"Because my dad never told me about this place before. I think we shouldn't have been here in the first place. And if we tell our parents we accidentally ran off from their eyesight, they'll be really mad at us." Lumina assumed and feared.

Now, that changed Starla's mindset. Her friend was right. Starla didn't want to get yelled at from her dad. She didn't want to make her dad upset and disappointed. With lots of thoughts, Starla decided to follow her friend's advice.

"Alright, Lumi. Leave everything to me, I think I know how to get out of our troubles." Starla said with certainty and went with Princess Lumina back to their parents. Back to their garden palace.

Captain Hawk and King Ashton were wildly looking around for their daughters within the garden palace. Still, no signs were seen or heard from their daughters anywhere. Until one bush began to rustle behind Ashton. Hawk was near him, he also heard the rustle from the leaves and looked over to the bush. A green bush, which had yellow mixed with aquamarine-colored berries on it. As careful as Ashton could be, stepped the king nearer to the bush.

The more he walked closer, the green bean saw a grass field behind the bush and someone familiar who was hiding behind it. King Ashton couldn't hold his tears back as he recognized his daughter.

"Lumina!" He cried in joy to know that she was alright. She was covered in leaves and small branches were trapped inside her fur.

"Oh, hi dad, I thought you were Starla because we were playing hide n' seek and I was hiding myself. I'm sorry if I scared you." Princess Lumina apologized, and Ashton decided to hug his daughter.

"I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. For a second I thought you two ran off, away from the garden palace." Her father was saying, with a saddened undertone in his voice and kept hugging his daughter until Starla came along.

"There you are Lumi! I couldn't find you anywhere. Your hiding spot was really difficult to find." Starla then acted and hoped their parents wouldn't realize that they've gone missing for a while for real. But it didn't seem like it.

Even Captain Hawk was ever so glad to see his daughter again. Although, something about the rose colored star bean seemed different, somehow; but the purple dad couldn't put a finger on exactly why, though.

As everything settled down a bit for their parents, Hawk came closer to Ash and rubbed his back carefully and said: "Like I told you, Ash. You have to trust your family. Nothing bad will happen to them. Our daughters are alright."

"I'm grateful for your advice, my friend." The king admitted.

In a surprise, sudden trumpets were heard from out the garden palace in the distance. King Ashton would always recognize this melodic rhythm. He smiled, letting go of the current hug and walked a few steps forward. He even fluttered his wings.

"Well, if it isn't my wife who just returned from her meeting. I believe it's time to go back to the castle." King Ashton said, suddenly seemed to be in a much better mood than before. Some guards came along their way and guided the squad safely back inside the castle and Back to the throne room.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter edited/corrected by: https://www.deviantart.com/spectra-shift