(04)Two Curses At Once(04)

Eddie was attentive, he stood up turning me around. "What do you mean..there's nothing?" Eddie panicked. That's when Steve, Lucas, Dustin and Max walked in. "A clock chime do you seriously not hear it!" I said, freaking out.

"Shit. No no no no.." Steve said, grabbing my wrist. "Max is having the same thing. What the hell is going on!" Steve was panicking.

There it was another chime.

Max handed me a letter with my name on it. "This is for you..in case i uh don't make it." Max said frowning. "Wait what..someone tell me what the fuck is going on please this is so confusing!"

"Vecna has us both, first its the nightmares, then it's the nosebleeds, the headaches and..then the visions."

No one's pov:

Luckily Nancy and Robin, were speaking currently with Victor Creel. Maybe it wasn't so useless after all.

--

"All of you get in the car, Munson you too." Steve said. "Wait what?" I said. Steve dragged me and Max out everyone following along as Steve sat me in the passenger seat.

"Could we pass by..the graveyard.." Max said holding the letter in her hand. Steve groaned and nodded, driving down to the graveyard. I didn't mention the clock I saw on the way there, I didn't want to worry anyone.

Steve put a hand on my thigh, as an attempt to calm me down. Eddie looked at me, I looked back at him. "How are we gonna keep Eddie on the down low?."

"We'll figure it out." Lucas said reassuring me.

I looked down..rethinking my trauma that only Dustin knew about. When I had an argument with a friend..a best friend..she killed herself the day after. I knew she was in a bad place, I started the argument when I was angry. She killed herself, because of me. That's what I thought, everyone reassured me she had mental health problems. I still believe it was all my fault. Now it was coming back to haunt me.

We arrived, Max got out the car and so did Dustin, Lucas and I just to keep an eye out. Steve and Eddie were left in the car.

"You like her don't you Harrington?" Eddie said, playing with his rings.

"And what's it to you Munson."

That's where the bickering began.

"You know, I think they might like you Y/n just a wild guess." Dustin said.

"Alright it's been long enough!" Steve said getting out the car and running over to Max.

Nothing.

Everyone ran over, including Eddie. "Oh shit oh shit!" I said nudging Max trying my best to wake her up. "MAX!"

I started crying, I couldn't lose her. I saw her as a little sister but she was my friend too. She couldn't die. Dustin ran over to the car, grabbing the walkie talkie.

He came running back soon after. "What's her favourite song!?".

Dustin said dropping all the tapes and the walkman. "Lucas you know this!" I said looking at him..

Lucas scattered through the tapes quickly. "This is it!".

Kate Bush-Running Up That Hill.

He instantly put it in the walkman and put it on Max. That's when she began floating up.

Steve and I stood up almost instantly. "Max! Come on Max!" I started crying, scared to lose her like this..

Steve looked at me, he knew I always put everyone before myself. I was selfless.

Eddie stared at me getting up and bringing me into a hug. "Max! Come on!!!" I yelled, stomping my foot on the ground as I hoped for her to be okay. To not die.
--
"Max..Max.." I said hugging her, everyone was. Except Eddie and Steve. "Oh thank god you're okay...oh my god." I hugged her as I heard another clock chime. I didn't say anything.

That was until I saw a clock..I stood up and pointed to it. "Do you see that guys..do you?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Steve grabbed my hand and motioned for everyone to get in the car. "I will not let you die, I promise you." Steve said as he put me in the passenger seat again. Eddie was clearly jealous. I had no idea why.

--

The next day everyone was hudled up in Nancy's basement. I fell asleep on Steve but..also had my legs on Eddie. I slowly opened my eyes looking at the two yawning. "Where's Max..?" Nancy said nudging Dustin awake. "She's right..there" Dustin said widening his eyes as he realised she wasn't there. Nancy and Dustin rushed upstairs to realise Max was just drawing.

I was still half asleep, I stood up and helped the two boys up. Hugging them both. They looked at each other almost like a dog fighting for territory. "What has been up with you both? These past few days it's been a constant staring match for you both." I said, the tone of anger in my voice noticeable.

"Don't worry sweetheart it's just Harrington being an idiot again." Eddie said giving me a soft smile. I scrunched my nose as Steve shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah freak." Steve said as he grabbed my hand, then Eddie grabbed my other hand. "Jesus what is wrong with you guys! Stop being so possessive this isn't like you Steve, and Eddie stop being a dickwad."

--

A few days later we all found ourselves at night Eddie, Steve, Nancy, Robin and I on a boat. The three kids staring from a distance. We had gotten a lead to a gate thanks to my good old smart brother.

Steve was taking his shirt off...I caught myself staring at him. Nancy was too, which made me slightly jealous making me furrow my eyebrows.

Steve looked down at me and nodded, jumping in.

I looked over at Eddie, he kneeled down and held my hand. "You'll be okay...sweetheart."

That's when I heard a clock chime..

"Eddie..Eddie I heard it again." I knew I was gonna probably die tomorrow. But I knew they'd save me..I knew it..

"My favorite song is Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy..By Queen please remember Eddie.." I held his hand.

Steve came back up. "I found it..I found it" he said between heavy breaths. That was until he was dragged down. I started freaking out and Immediately stood up jumping in first, behind me went the others. Except Eddie which was busy panicking and then finally jumped in.

We were revealed Steve being surrounded by these bat-like creatures.

I immediately grabbed a piece of wood I found and started hitting them. Robin and Nancy took care of the one on his neck. That's when we all started hitting the ones that remained in the air.

I let out a heavy breath and looked at Eddie nodding. He wasn't being a wimp this time and actually helped.

"Oh Steve..Are you okay?" I said helping him up and looking at his wound. "They took like a pound of flesh..but apart from that..yeah.." He said smiling down at me.

"Alright you two! How about we just get the hell out of here before more of these things come!" Eddie said, panicking.

I grabbed Steve's hand and brought him behind a rock. I had a slight cropped top on so I just took it off, it wouldn't kill anyone to see a girl in a bra. "Okay you ready?" Steve nodded, i wrapped the top around his wound and tied it around his back.

I stood up straight. "Alright could I use your jacket Eddie you know so all of you can take your eyes off my tits." Eddie nodded and quickly took of his jacket, tossing it over at me. I put it on myself and yawned. "Nancy you have guns right, let's go." Nancy nodded.

"Wait..Nancy Wheeler..has guns, plural in her house?" Eddie said.

"Full of suprises isn't she!" Robin added.

I rolled my eyes and started walking with the two girls into the forest with our flashlights.

"You know..Y/n didn't even hesitate to dive in." Eddie said smiling a little. "You know, I think she gathered we both have a thing for her." Steve sighed. "Yeah yeah Munson, I know, just let's not talk about it." Steve was clearly very jealous.