(14)How I met Steve(14)

(This chapter is a lil backstory)

Dustin was dragging me to Scoops Ahoy in Starcourt Mall. He wanted to see his friend Steve after finally being back from Camp. I had never really met Steve, never talked to him. A bunch of girls talked about him though.

Dustin was obsessed with him, looked up to him even. We were at the counter, I was standing there unamused.

Dustin had a huge smile on his face.

The girl at the counter was about my age, Dustin and her made small talk before what I was assuming was Steve came out.

"Henderson! He's back He's back!"
"You got the job!"
"I got the job!"

The boys continued with a handshake, me and the girl were just staring at eachother both dumbfounded. "Losers I know, unfortanetly related to the little one." I smiled and chat with her until they were done, Dustin dragging me to a table. I sat there huffing and groaning.

"Oh may god save me!" I yelled banging my head on the table softly. "Henderson you didn't mention your sister was annoying."

"And my brother didn't mention you have a nest in your hair!" I lifted my head up. "Now can you stop talking about that russian thing and let's go solve it!" I got up grabbing Dustin and Steve by the hand bringing them back door, mouthing 'help me' to Robin making a gesture that I was dying. I giggled and sat them down.

"Okay play the tape Dustin" I said.

"You know I'll translate with you if you give me a cookies and cream ice cream, otherwise on your own you guys" Steve scoffed and pat the seat next to him nodding. I smiled and started helping them out. Steve was sweet, I knew that we were just acting like this to get on eachothers nerves.

--

Present day.

"Earth to Steve" I waved my hand in front of his face. "Eddie, Splash the water on him!" Eddie did just as told and Steve finally broke out of his trance that he was in. "Oh my god! My hair!"

"Oh look he's freaking out over his hair again!" I turned to Eddie, he was already laughing. "Oh my hair my hair!" I imitated, running my hands through my hair. "Oh god forbid, my lady magnet is gone!" I dropped to my knees putting a hand on my heart, closing my eyes and opening one up to peek at the two. Steve was unamused and Eddie was practically pissing himself with laughter.

I stood up and looked through my drawer, throwing a towel at Steve. "You Steve are a massive dingus. Wait wait oh shit! Remember. Ahoy LADIES!" I yelled out widening my eyes. Steve rolled his eyes "That's not fair..how about the time I walked in on you in a bug costume for halloween!" Steve yelled, Eddie couldn't stop laughing.

"Yeah whatever STEVE!"

"Put it on..oh my god I need to see that" Eddie said through tears and laughter. I pushed Steve and grabbed the bug costume out my drawer, going into the bathroom and coming back out with the costume on. Eddie and Steve started laughing, Steve patting Eddie on the back. "Y-You look so funny and cute" Eddie couldn't contain the laughter, it was to the point it was probably hurting his stomach. I started giggling and then suddenly Dustin bursted in, seeing the three of us like this. "I told you, you guys can't be alone with her after you screwed her!" Dustin yelled, not questioning the bug outfit.

"We've literally screwed many times after that" I said, liking the look Dustin always gave me. "OH STEVEEE OH EDDIE!! OHHHH DON'T STOP!" Dustin screamed as I yelled that and pushed me, I brought him into a hug. "Oh I love you my dear brother so so much!" I giggled and winked at Steve and Eddie.

"Oh Y/n don't even tease me! You look so hot in that outfit OHHH!" The two boys chanted, Dustin covering his ears. "Oh lord save me from these three people!" Dustin screamed as he suddenly pushed me. Dustin stormed out my room and slammed the door, I ran up to them and tackled them on my bed. "Careful Steve, the bug is gonna kill us" I groaned and stood up, taking off the bug costume, I had clothes on underneath it anyway.

I sat on the bed. "My mom will be back soon, how about we just watch a movie, I rented one a week ago so we can watch that one." I smiled at Steve and Eddie, they nodded and stood up. "We love you, princess so much" Eddie ruffled my hair up. "So much" Steve added as he grabbed by hand squeezing it. "I love you guys too, alright now stop being so cheesy" I gave them a kiss on the lips. I ran out my room, setting everything up.

"You know Munson, I'm glad we never fought over her." Steve said.
"I agree, you know you've grown on me, it's worked out pretty well for the both of us." Eddie replied bringing him into a hug, patting him on the back as they made their way to the living room. "Dustin! Invite Will and Mike over to watch the movie!" I yelled.

"Got it!" Dustin yelled back. Steve opened his mouth, ready to protest. "Don't, shh I promise we will have alone time tomorrow but today is movie night with those three buttheads." I ruffled his hair up messing it up again. Eddie then did the same, Steve sighed. "You are so annoying Y/n. Munson, hands out my hair before I actually do fight you." Eddie lifted his hands up, Y/n took her hands out his hair and hugged onto Eddie, just as she did their was a knock on the door.

I stood up and opened the door. "You invited El and Max didn't you?" They nodded and all walked inside some sitting on the floor and Dustin sitting between Steve and Eddie. I sat beside El and Max. Then we finally started the movie.

El was hugging me, she had always been like this, hugging me and always wanting to hang out. I smiled and pat her back handing her the popcorn bowl.

"Here take some" I whispered. El nodded taking a handful and shoving it in her mouth. Max took some too. "You remember when I told you about happy screams El" Max whispered over to her, El nodded. "Sshhh!" I immediately interrupted. "That's what was happening with y/n on that camping trip." She finally said. El giggled quietly. "Nice one Max" I smiled nudging her.

We finally all concentrated on the movie.