♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟱 !

"that's six of you." mr. smith says as i enter the small seating area in the reception. "who are we missing?" he says, talking to himself.

daeun stands when she spots me, grinning excitedly. her silky blond hair has been straightened to perfection and she's wearing white jeans with a cute red t-shirt.

"hi." she smiles. "this is insane. what's your family like? do they have a nice house?" she asks me.

"uh-" i pause but before i can speak her smile turns suspicious.

"what is it? is something wrong?" she says.

"no-" i start to say quietly.

"has something happened?" she asks.

"no- i mean, yes, but-"

"well tell me." she says.

"his family is lovely and the house is amazing but he's not been the most gracious of hosts, let's just say that." i say.

"why? what's he like?" she asks.

"i don't know...strange.""

"strange as in weirdo or as in mysterious?" she asks. "has he got a temper? does his breath smell?"

i roll my eyes with a little smile. "definitely mysterious. something must have happened last night and he really doesn't want me to know about it." i say.

"ooo very mysterious." she says.

"anyway, tell me about your family." i say to her to change the subject. i know i told him that i wouldn't do as he said but i'm still not going to go rambling about what happened. he's right, it's his business and no one else's, so obviously i'm not going to go around telling everyone. but he shouldn't have spoken to me like that, and i'm not going to go easy on him.

daeun tells me how her house is amazing as well. her exchange student is a girl named kendall and she's super chatty and sweet and apparently they were up all night talking. kendall has a younger brother in ninth grade who's really annoying but was surprisingly making an effort to be nice to daeun, and the parents love her already. maybe she got lucky with her family. when i first met my family they all seemed really nice and welcoming, it's just yeonjun. i really wasn't expecting yeonjun to be this way. i thought he was just shy or something which was why he was never on the whatsapp video calls. turns out he's actually just bitter and probably wants nothing to do with me.

"ah, and seven." mr. smith says as jayden strolls in late. "okay we've got everyone!" he says. 

an american teacher called mrs. willows takes the eight of us (including mr. smith) through a little closed off room with a table and sofas. she's super smily and enthusiastic that it almost hurts to listen to her. she hands out our timetables and explains how to navigate our way through the blocks. she tells us the basic rules and that we've been placed with our exchange students in most classes, meaning sometimes the seven of us will be split apart but at least we'll have our exchange partner so we won't be completely alone. except in my case, it probably means that i will be alone as yeonjun doesn't seem to have any interest in me.

the seven of us compare our timetables. luckily i'm with daeun, and landon in period one - math. not maths. they just call it math. that's going to be strange to try and get used to.

mrs. willows drops us all off at our classes. she knocks twice on a classroom door before opening.

"morning mr. carter." she says, interrupting the class. "you have some exchange students joining your class." she says. "lucky number three." she steps aside to reveal us all stood outside.

"good morning." he says to us. "come on in, we've changed the seating plan a bit so you can be partnered with your exchange students." he tells us.

great.