♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳 !

siwoo comes back into the kitchen after about five minutes. she smiles at us as she walks in and offers me a drink. she then comes up with the idea to sit down and write a list of the different meals i'd be happy to eat as i'm staying here and some people are picky.

after a little while, yeonjun appears. he walks into the room while rubbing his eyes sleepily. he's changed into some comfortable clothes, and is wearing black jogging bottoms and a white tank top. i don't know if he wore that intentionally to show off his muscular build but that's what it was doing. the white color also compliments his skintone. i don't stare though. that would only boost his ego.

he sits down on the stool next to me, at the end of the kitchen island. he doesn't look at me or anything, he just startes tapping on his phone. i know he doesn't want to be here, he only came down because his mom spoke to him.

"yeonjun, we're coming up with meal ideas. have a lok, this look good to you?" siwoo says, sliding the paper in front if him, encouraging him to talk.

i'd say he glances at it for about three seconds to scan to over before nodding half-heartedly and looking back at his phone.

"yeonjun." jihye says.

"mm." he says, still looking at his phone.

"look at our drawing." she says.

he doesn't respond for a few seconds as he's typing something, but he eventually looks up and follows her finger to the fridge.

"cool." he says after glancing at it for less than a second. but then he takes a double take. that kind of makes me feel good about it, as he clearly was expecting it to be complete shit. but he looked twice, as he wasn't expecting it to actually look like her.

"she's a good little artist, isn't she?" siwoo says, referring to the face, not the hair.

i smile at her.

"yeah." he says. that's it. that's all he says. i'm not hoping for compliments or anything, i'd say i'm a very modest person but i'd at least hope he'd say more than one word, because his blunt responses is making it very difficult to talk to him.

"you should show her your art, yeonjun." she suggests.

yeonjun does art?

he shakes his head down at his phone.

"why, i'd like to see it." i say. partly just to rub it in his face that i'm being all nice with his family to prove how nasty he's being.

he looks up at me, a dark glint in his eye, almost a glare. he's careful though. i don't think either his mom or sister saw that.

"yeah, you should show her." siwoo says.

"got rid of it all." he says. he doesn't really acknowledge her. he just looks back to his phone.

what? why? so much time and effort goes into art, so why would he throw away everything he's done? i understand if there are a few pieces he gets rid of because they went wrong and he's a perfectionist, but getting rid of absolutely everything? why would he do that?

she looks at him. she doesn't ask why he got rid of everything. i can sort of see cogs turning in her head as she figures out the reason for herself. no one bothers to tell me though. clearly it's a bit of a taboo situation because she changes the subject.

"any other meal ideas?" she asks the two of us.

"no, i don't think so. i'm not fussy so i'm happy with anything, really." i say to her.

"alrighty." she smiles, before looking at yeonjun. he says nothing. "yeonjun?" she says.

he looks up.