♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬 !

back at home for dinner, siwoo is cooking while juwon and i both sit at the kitchen island doing homework. the teachers don't expect us exchange students to understand it all as we may not have learnt things the same way but they still want us to complete all of the homework we can.

when sehun comes in, siwoo just stares at him, as if waiting for him to say something. sehun notices me at the island and half sighs.

"chaewon, i owe you an apology." he says, and i immediately feel awkward. "i didn't mean for you to overhear my conversation with yeonjun last night. anything you heard, i didn't mean. i was just angry so things weren't coming out the right way." he explains, while juwon just observes with raised eyebrows. clearly sehun doesn't often apologise.

sehun knows i'm aware that yeonjun never signed up to have me here and never wanted an exchange partner, it was just sehun all along for the wrong reasons. this is all his fault basically. but now he's trying to backtrack as if it's not true. right. sure.

"but i apologise for anything that was said about you. in truth, you're a lovely girl and we're lucky to have you staying with us." he says.

i don't believe what he's saying, but he has apologised and is trying to be nice and i accept that. i nod with a weak smile. "it's okay." i say simply. i still think he's a terrible man. but at least he's made an effort.

the five of us have dinner and go to bed. the net morning, i'm dressed in black sweatpants and a white cropped tank top. siwoo drives juwon and i to school as yeonjun is not home to take us, and juwon and i walk into the main hallway together.

"tell me what happens." juwon says to me, referring to when i eventually see yeonjun.

i nod to him.

juwon then joins his friends by the lockers - a group of around six lads his age. i know some of them are looking at me and smirking, and one of them even whistles but i hear juwon whisper harshly at them to shut up.

"that's the girl who's living with you?!" one of them says loudly as i walk away.

i don't know why it makes me feel slightly uneasy. they're teenage boys, probably just really into girls at the moment.

i reach my temporary locker down towards the end of the hallway.

"chaewon." daeun's voice says, making me jump. i turn around to her, and she just stares at me before saying "what the hell happened?"

i pause for a second. then i realise that the last time she saw me, i just disappeared from the party without saying goodbye, and my phone was filled with missed texts and calls. i told her that i'd explain everything later but i never did. oh no.

"oh, i'm so sorry i never texted you." i lift my palm to my forehead. "a lot has happened, i've kind of been caught up with it." i say.

"what's happened?" she asks, not sounded annoyed, just concerned.

"um-"

"what are they?" she suddenly says, lifting her hand to move my hair to see my neck.

my eyes widen. oh shit. i forget to cover them this morning. i lift my hand to move my hair back. "shit." i say. "do you have any concealer?" i ask her.

she looks at me. "come on." she says.

the two of us enter the girls bathroom, and it seems empty which is a surprise. i assumed it would be filled with girls doing their makeup in the mirror but it looks like we got lucky.

daeun hands me her concealer and i start applying it in the mirror.

"did yeonjun give you those hickeys?" she asks, but she sounds confused because last she heard - he was being rude and blunt and ignoring me.