♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟮 !

the game continues with lots of quick interceptions, hard smacks of the ball and a lot of tripping each other up. by the end of the lesson, i feel a little proud. i think it's easy to say i won our little game of spite, not to mention the actual volleyball game. daeun was laughing, madly impressed, and also to ease the tension a little bit. this elena girl is making me mad. she's acting like a child, being a bully to get what she wants. she's good at it. but i'm good at standing up for myself and not taking any shit from people. maybe i'm just petty. i hope i'm not. i'm just not going to let some competitive, self-absorbed little brat push me around.

"nice work!" miss knee pads says. "come sit down for a quick cool down. just do your own stretches." she says.

that's when i look over to the boys. oh wow. they're playing dodgeball, and they're reaching the end of the game. yeonjun is the only one on his team who's still standing, while there are five opponents left. at first i'm surprised that he's actually trying as he never seems to care about anything, but then i realise who one of his opponents is. beomgyu.

"come on, yeonjun!" someone shouts.

"get him out, guys! he's outnumbered!"

"get them, yeonjun!"

all the boys who have been caught to hit out of the game are still watching, shouting their commentary. as the girls sit down, the majority are now taking an interest in the game, watching to see how it turns out.

"come on, yeonjun!"

"you got this, guys!"

"throw the fucking ball!"

one of the guys lobs a ball across at him. yeonjun dodges, picking up a ball from the floor. another ball flies at him which he smacks to the side with the ball in his hands before he throws it harshly across the room, taking out one of his opponents. there are loads of cheers, and also a few complaints judging by who's supporting which side. someone else throws a ball at yeonjun but he catches it, so that's another player out. he then ducks another ball and lobs it over, taking out another one. he's so good. now he's just against two of them.

this is so intense. i can see the fury in beomgyu's eyes as he realises yeonjun is not so outnumbered anymore. the other guy throws a ball, and yeonjun dodges before striking him out instantly. there are so many people shouting their praise and complaints to the last two standing.

both yeonjun and beomgyu pick up two balls each and they pause for a moment to catch their breaths. they lock eyes, and i think everyone in the gym can work out the tension between them, and know that they had a fight. people know this is more than dodgeball, and that their competitiveness is rooted from something else, making it so much more intense. that's when beomgyu throws a ball. instantly, yeonjun throws as well so that the two balls collide in mid air. woah, that was smart. while beomgyu is distracted by the two balls flying in different directions, yeonjun throws his last ball, striking beomgyu straight in the chest with a loud smack. he threw that hard. really hard. beomgyu stumbles back with his hands on his chest while yeonjun just stands looking at him with a clenched jaw.

the gym is filled with cheers, even the girls are cheering too when we weren't even supposed to be watching. i feel a little sense of pride for him, even though he drives me up the wall and treats me like shit. i'm glad he won. he is an amazing player.

loads of the guys break away from where they were stood at the side and start running about, circling yeonjun and cheering. but yeonjun isn't looking particularly happy. he's mad. he's angry. i notice yeonjun's head starts to look at me through a gap in the crows. when he sees that i'm looking at him, clearly impressed, a smirk tugs at his lips. no don't do that. that gives me butterflies. i don't want you giving me butterflies when i'm mad at you.