♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟱𝟭 !

the next morning, after showering and changing into a cute outfit - little dark grey tennis skirt and a light grey oversized sweater, i head into the kitchen, expecting to see everyone eating breakfast like normal. but they're not.

"surprise!" i suddenly hear a chorus of voices say from the open door leading into the dining room. flipping nora that made me jump. i turn towards it, smiling widely as i see the family all stood around the dining table, with an array of waffles, berries, whipped cream and chocolate spread all placed down like artwork.

"oh my god." i laugh, stepping inside.

"happy birthday sweetheart!" siwoo says while squeezing me tight in her warm hug.

"thank you." i smile with glee, and jihye hugs my leg from the side.

juwon walks over with open arms, smiling as he hugs me. i peer over his shoulder at yeonjun who is smirking at me. when we catch eyes he winks at me, and oh lord was that a blessing of an heavenly sight to see.

"you didn't have to do all this." i say in astonishment, looking across the table at all of the deliciousness i see.

"nonsense!" siwoo laughs. "tuck in! tuck in!"

and we all sit down, laughing and chatting while enjoying the most scrumptious breakfast imaginable.

before going to school, i put on my chunky boots, and my crossbody bag.

in the car on the way to school, the windows are down and the music is up. i'm in such a good mood, where as yesterday morning i was in the worst mood and was so close to turning myself in and going home. but now everything is good again. better than it's ever been.

when i feel yeonjun place his hand on my leg as he drives, i smile down at my lap before sneaking a glance up to his face, and he smiles at the road ahead.

i take out my phone, and switch it on for the first time since i recorded that voice memo two nights ago. i don't really go on my phone that often, unless it's arranging plans, taking pictures, or keeping in touch with people who are far away. i've never been big on social media, just scrolling aimlessly instead of going out and actually doing things. my friendship group at home barely speak on snapchat, as the majority of the time, we're together in person. whether we're at school, or sat on the old tracker, or we're river jumping, or lying in the horse field, or sat in the pub gardens, we're usually together so spend no time on our phones. then add all of these followers and the attention i've got since friday night, it's kind of freaking me out, so i've been going on my phone even less that before. but i know that i would have family sending me birthday messages so i should go on and respond to them.

against, it's exploding with notifications, mainly from instagram, but i have loads from snapchat too. opening the snapchat app, i notice all of the people who've been posting pictures and messages on their stories for me.

i smile down at the phone, tapping onto the first story. it's ruby, a friend from home. she has posted a small collage of photos from a bonfire party, where we were maybe a little bit too tipsy, swinging from the branches of a tree. "happy birthday nutter, u mean the absolute world🌎 hopefully there aren't many branches for you to snap in nyc ;) hope you're having the best time, super proud of you and your amazing song!! sending you all my love <3". i smile down at the screen as i respond, looking through more birthday messages. tanya, one of my gymnastics pals has posted a video of us both doing loads of back-handsprings again and again down the fast track, and said "happy birthday to the most talented girl i know, thanks for always stealing my starbursts and supplying me with endless hot chocolates in the staff room ;)". the next one is a picture of a group of us river jumping, and thomas says "happy birthday girl <3 sorry for all the times i've tackled you into the river but you spilt tea on my jeans so we're stevens😎". next is a video of me running away from jake's nerf gun bullents down the stairs of riley's house when a group of us slept over. riley says "happy birthday pal!! without a doubt my favourite person on this planet. if miss reeds ever changes our chem seating plan imma throw hands". i'm sort of laughing down at my phone as i'm reminded of all of these memories, and am responding to all the cute messages, then i flick onto the next one. it's from jake, my ex. it's a picture of us both sat on the picnic bench with ice creams. his arm was swung around my shoulder and he had just booped me on the nose with his ice cream. "happy birthday chaewon missing you like maddd have the best day u utter moron. now you're old enough to drive i'm scared for the lives of many :) <3".