♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟰 !

my heart is pounding, but i try to ignore it, blocking out the audience. i lift the microphone up to my lips as the verse begins. taking a small inhale, i softly begin to sing.

sitting on the roof as the sun sets,

embracing the summer season,

eating at night on the side of the street,

not for any particular reason

the crowds response is comforting - cheering and whooping in approval. then yeonjun joins in with the bridge, his voice steady and calm. his voice is perfect.

knocking over stools in the corner shop,

just laughing chaotically,

unable to stop.

pulling words out the jar.

it's fun, why not,

but for the best memories,

turns out you don't need a lot,

he stops the strings in his hand for a moment, before we both sing

simple simplicities

then the chord progression changes, switching key and he starts the strum. the crowd is cheering as we both harmonise for the chorus

simple simplicities

it's the stupid things

the little things

the pointless things

they are perfectly imperfect

just the small things

the silly things

the simple things

they are perfectly imperfect

simple simplicities

he continues to strum, the tempo building more, creating a more exciting rhythm. the audience is cheering, dancing about as we sing. yeonjun and i look to each other, both singing through our smiles. both feeling more confident, and enjoying ourselves, we carry on. the song continues with two more verses and a final chorus. i could swear that he's flirting with me with his eyes, making me smile shyly down at the stage. finally the song comes to a close, ending with one simple strum.

the audience erupts into noise - clapping, cheering, whooping, jumping. it's unbelievable. the atmosphere is wild. it's so uplifting and electric.

"give it up for yeonjun and chaewon!" says the voice in the mic, as yeonjun and i both stand, smiling with the thrill of it all. my heart is rushing, pounding, leaping, dancing. every atom in the air is utterly astonished. yeonjun then takes my hand, leading the two of us off of the stage.

i'm just smiling like an idiot, feeling the rushing heart dancing wildly inside me. we can still hear the cheering from the audience. now out of everyone's sight, yeonjun half tosses his guitar down into it's case before turning to me quickly, smacking into me with an enormous hug. we laugh out of joy as he effortlessly lifts me off of my feet, spinning me around in a hug. i'm so happy. i can't even describe the feeling. happy doesn't cover it.

when my feet touch back down, we each pull back to see each other's smiling faces. that's when time stands still. he's leaning forwards, those beautiful eyes edging closer to mine. they flick down to my lips as his hand goes to the back of my neck. the butterfly feeling is uncontrollable. our eyes flutter closed, noses brushing against each other as our lips connect, and i'm filled with tingly sensations head to toe. he's kissing me. yeonjun is kissing me. this is really happening. it's finally happening. oh my god. my heart is pounding and i sink into him. one of his hands slips around my waist, pulling me closer. feeling his soft lips against mine, everything suddenly feels complete. everything has fallen into place. our lips break apart because our smiles are uncontrollable. opening my eyes and looking up to his, i see his hypnotic black eyes dancing with excitement. then we kiss again. i never want to let go of him. can this moment just last forever?

apparently not.

"where is he?!" sehun's voice bellows from around the corner, backstage.

we break apart, hearts pounding and suddenly filled with the unimaginable feeling of dread.