♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟴 !

my head turns away from juwon when i notice a door opening on the other side of the hallway, in a gap between the lockers. yeonjun comes out, while a teacher is following him, saying "-here to help you, yeonjun-"

"yeah, yeah." yeonjun is saying exhaustedly with his hands up. "it would help if people stopped treating me like i'm a freak who needs to be fixed." he responds.

woah. i would never talk to a teacher like that.

"yeonjun, no one is calling you a freak. we just want to-"

"help, i know." he says. "look, i don't want it, okay?" he says, clearly just trying to get away. he starts heading down the hallway, leaving the teacher in the room. i'm pretty sure he has just walked out of a meeting with the guidance counsellor.

i look back to juwon, and he gives me a look, saying 'go on' so i speed after yeonjun.

"hey." i say, clinging onto his arm to slow him down. "what's going on?"

"they keep going on about fucking therapy, like my brain is broken-" he's saying but he cuts himself off so he can calm down.

"yeonjun, no one is saying your brain is broken." i say to him quietly. "i think that's a little bit of an exaggeration."

"i just want people to quit staring and just treat me like normal." he says, rubbing the back of his neck and looking over his shoulder at the faces in our direction.

"i know, yeonjun." i say, catching his hands so he stops getting himself in such a fluster. "i know, but i don't think it's that easy." i say to him.

"why?" he asks.

i pause. "uh...we may or may not have gone viral." i tell him quietly.

"what?"

"our song. daeun said like five million people shared it." i say to him.

he blinks. when you first hear that, it's daunting. you immediately think it's for the wrong reasons or that it's something embarrassing, so i can see the initial horror in his eyes. but then he processes it.

"our song?" he says.

a small smile twinges the corner of my lips.

"have you seen it?" he asks me.

i shake my head. "but daeun has. she was saying how amazing it was. people loved it." i say to him.

he blinks, clearly in disbelief. but then his face softens and forms into a small smile. "really?"

i nod. "really."

his eyes lift up as he's processing it all. he looks down the hallway, noticing all of the faces in our direction.

"i mean, if that doesn't show your dad how wrong he is, then what will?" i say to him.

he smiles down to the floor. "if i ever visit him in prison, it will be to just rub it in his fucking face." he says, which makes me laugh slightly.

then he steps forwards and hugs me, clearly feeling as though this is an achievement. if the world is recognising how amazingly talented he is, then that's quite a lot of encouragement for him to carry on. it proves that all of the time he's spent alone in his garage dodging his dad's bullets wasn't all for nothing. he's actually worth something.

"hey." says a happy voice.

it's soobin. his curly caramel hair is sticking up in all directions, and he is wearing a navy miami t-shirt. stood with him are taehyun, liv and kai. i don't really know them, but they are all smiling to me in a friendly way, making sure i don't feel uncomfortable because of their sudden appearance. i smile back shyly.