♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰𝟱 !

classes pass, and now it's lunch time. he has not looked at me once. i'm in the worst mood. i'm by my locker, which is right at the end of the hallway. it's quiet up this end of the hall, and i can hear the voices and laughter of all the students further down. i'm collecting my things from my locker, when i feel a presence behind me. instantly, i get this horrible feeling.

"chaewon?" says a quiet, breathy voice from behind me. i sense his height, his strength, and the sneakiness laced into his words.

my shoulders tense slightly, and i sort of freeze, not wanting to face him. so much has happened recently, but it's not as though i'm just going to forget how he treated me at the bonfire party.

"chaewon." beomgyu says again. "can i just say something to you." he says.

last time beomgyu approached me in the hallway, yeonjun came to the rescue. i don't think yeonjun is going to come along this time.

"chaewon, please." he sighs.

eventually i turn to him, looking at him impatiently with hurt in my eyes. he's a tall guy, but i'm not going to let him make me feel small-

"what?" i sigh, holding my books to my chest.

he pauses, his eyes traveling my face. "okay, i know this seems like ages ago so you probably don't want me to bring it up." he says. "i tried to apologise but yeonjun..." he drifts off, careful not to say anything bad about him. "look, i was drunk, and-"

"are you making excuses?" i ask him.

"no, i just- look, i'm not like that, okay? i don't make out with girls at party's and start touching them up behind cabins-" he's saying, but instantly his words make me feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. i turn my head down the hall, making sure no one is in a close enough range to have heard that, but at the same time, i want someone to intervene. i want him to go.

"i know that's a sick thing to do, and i know it was wrong. i'm sorry, okay? trust me - i'm not like that most of the time." he says.

i look back to him. "oh, so just sometimes. well that's okay then." i say sarcastically.

"fucks sake." he swings his head back in frustration.

"excuse me?" i say.

"sorry, it's not you, i just- i'm shit with words." he says. "and i fucked up that night. i treated you like trash and i lost all my friends because of it." he says, and for a second, i feel ever so slightly sorry for him. "and after everything that has happened, with the video and stuff, i don't want you to hate me." he says.

i frown slightly. "the video?" i say, not seeing how that's at all relevant. "so you just want to make amends with me because i've suddenly gone viral?" i say.

his eyes widen slightly when i say that.

this dickhead.

"you know, for a second i felt sorry for you." i say to him, turning back to my locker and closing it. i start heading down the hallway, but he whips me around by the shoulder, turning my back to everyone.

"don't handle me like that." i say, but my voice has gone quiet.

"that's not what i meant." he says. "it's not because of the video, i just- i mean- i don't-"

"why are you trying to make amends with me, beomgyu?" i ask him. "we're not close, it's not as though we care about each other, i'll be gone in two weeks, so why are you suddenly making an effort with me?" i ask him.

he pauses in thought, clearly not having a clue how to respond to that. we both know exactly what he's doing.

"is it just because you want to get in on all of the sudden popularity i got from that video?" i ask him. "look, i don't want it, you can take it, but don't for a second think that i believe any of your apologies." i say to him. "you make me sick." i say, trying to walk away again.