♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰𝟭 !

we leave the group briefly, heading towards the stairwell. we step down so that we're only just indoors, and i sit down on the steps.

"you okay?" he asks, sitting down close beside me.

"why do i feel guilty?" i ask him.

he sighs slightly. "i feel guilty too." he says.

i look to him, and his hypnotic deep black eyes, encouraging him to speak.

"all we did was write a song together for a plan that worked out terribly." he says. "and suddenly we're treated like we're royalty. i feel like we don't really deserve all of it, you know?" he says.

i nod. "i know." i say. "like there are people out there doing so much more who deserve the recognition, and we accidentally go viral and i feel like everything is going to change." i say.

he nods. "i feel like most people wouldn't react this way." he then says with a slight laugh.

i smile down at my shoes. "yeah, most people would be over the moon." i laugh slightly.

"is that all you're guilty about?" he asks me.

i shrug slightly. "i feel bad that i've barely spoken to my mom about any of this." i say. "what if she's angry? most parents probably wouldn't want their daughters to suddenly have tens and thousands of followers who are complete strangers." i say. "it's sort of an invasion of privacy.

"yeah, i get that." he says.

"i haven't told her anything." i say quietly. "not about the performance, not about going to court over the weekend, nothing." i say.

"yeah but she can get mad for that." he says. "things didn't exactly go how we planned and we've been a little preoccupied."

"what, with elena's stupid games on the roof?" i say. "that's hardly an excuse."

"why don't you call her?" he says. "we can go home, you can have a long talk with her over facetime about it all." he says. "she might be really happy for us that this video has gone viral." he adds. "i don't know...it might unlock more music opportunities if people know of us." he says.

i nod, leaning in to him with my head on his shoulder. did he say music opportunities and us in the same sentence? "yeonjun." i say.

"mm."

"could you picture us making music together in the future?" i ask him quietly.

he pauses. "i couldn't do it on my own. and...we're a good pair, you and me." he says. "i don't think i'd want to do it with anyone else."

"yeah but, you're just saying that now." i say. "when i'm back in england and we're over three thousand miles apart, don't you think you'd want to go solo? because you could. you could do it on your own."

"i couldn't. i've never risked anything like that before until you showed up. i was afraid, but i...i don't know. i'm not with you." he says.

"but what if you just needed the initial push, and now you've seen how people reacted, you gain confidence and can do it all on your own?"

he frowns slightly down at the steps. "you don't want to do this with me, do you?" he says.

"what? no." i say. "that's not what i was saying. of course i want to." i say playing with the laces of my shoes. "i'm just trying to be realistic."

"right." he says, his head lowering. "right, yeah."

i lift my head from his shoulder, looking at his face. "yeonjun." i say.