♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟮 !

"you're acting weird." yeonjun says to me from in front as i follow him up the stairs.

"sorry." i say quietly, feeling awkward.

"you going to tell me why?" he asks, reaching the top and turning to look at me.

i just shake my head, avoiding eye contact.

"wha- hey." he says, catching my arms in each hand so i can't walk off. "what's wrong?" he asks me, studying my face.

i brush his hands off of me before squeezing past him. "it's nothing, yeonjun." i say, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

he stands and watches me walk onto the large landing. "chaewon, talk to me." he says in a quiet, comforting tone.

i cross my arms, hugging my body. "about what?"

he approaches me slowly. "what is it?"

i eventually look up at his face, as his eyes travel my features in examination, trying to figure out the problem. i take a long breath, not sure what so say before eventually asking, "what happened last night?"

his shoulders slump slightly. "is that what this is about?" he asks.

i shrug half-heartedly.

"she wanted to talk." he starts saying. "her parents are splitting and she's not responding so well." he starts explaining. "she was upset, and was crying about it. we used to be close so...i don't know. i guess she felt comfortable crying in front of me." he says.

i blink, listening to what he's saying before asking. "until two am?"

something shifts in his face when he realises i overheard his conversation with juwon last night. he thought i was asleep. i don't know why my heart is pounding so hard.

"she was a mess." he says. "and she was emotional and-"

"you hooked up." i say, looking at the floor with a sigh.

"no." he says, putting his hand on my arm in a reassuring way. "no, we didn't."

so much relief washes over me when he says that. "so why was she here that late?" i ask him quietly.

"she started kissing me so i told her to stop, then she said i was a dick for turning her down." he says is an irritated tone. "she was being all weird, saying she wanted me to take advantage of her, but nothing happened. we spent the rest of the night arguing." he tells me, with his eyes locked onto mine the whole time.

my heart pace steadies as he says that. i nod slightly, trying not to show how relieved i am by those news.

"why?" he asks me hesitantly, almost with excitement dancing in his eyes.

shit. he wants to know why i cared about them hooking up. how do i respond to that, without making it sound like i have feelings for him?

i shake my head slightly, looking at the floor.

"say it." he says, taking a step closer.

suddenly my heart rate shoots straight back up.

"if you say it, i'll tell you why i turned her down." he says to me.

i lock eyes with him when he says that. is he implying that he turned her down because of me? i blink up at him, at his startling dark eyes which are swimming with lust. i don't know what to say. words aren't forming. thoughts aren't functioning. i'm just captivated by his hypnotic eyes and my quickening heart.

"yeonjun!" jihye calls up the stairs.

saved by the distraction.

"yeonjun! i remember my dream from last night!" she says while running up the stairs.