♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟳 !

i automatically stands and follow him outside without shoes. he's getting in his car, slamming the door so loud it almost echoes down the entire street. 

i run around the back and open the passenger seat, sitting in beside him before he drives off.

"get out of my car." he tells me.

"no."

"i mean it, get out." he snaps harshly.

"no, yeonjun. hold on." i say, as he turns on the engine.

"get out!" he shouts, and my heart is beating fast but i refuse to let him drive off in such a rage when he's alone. it would only end badly.

"no." i respond.

he slams his hand against the dashboard in frustration, and his head hangs downwards.

then from outside the car, we hear his dad shout "yeonjun!" as he approaches the car with the most scary expression i've ever seen.

before his dad can stop him, yeonjun lurches forwards, pulling onto the road, barely missing a passing car.

"watch it!" i shout.

"i told you to get out!" he responds, overtaking the car in front at an extreme speed.

"yeonjun, slow down." i say, trying to stay calm.

he speeds down on the empty street, the engine's humming becoming more and more high pitched as he continues to accelerate.

"yeonjun-" i say warily. i can feel the pressure pushing me back against the chair, and my stomach swirls anxiously. "yeonjun." i say louder.

i glance at him, seeing him stare straight ahead with one hand on the wheel, speeding more and more.

"yeonjun! stop it!" i shout.

"shut up." he mutters.

"yeonjun, slow down! stop-"

"shut up!" he shouts down to me.

"yeonjun! i'm serious!" i shout. "pull over! you need to calm down!"

"don't fucking tell me to calm down!"

"you have to! yeonjun, you're going to get us killed! what the hell are you doing!"

at this point he just ignores me, speeding even faster.

"yeonjun please! stop it! you're scaring me!" i say, feeling my heart rattle in its ribcage. "what the hell are you doing!" i scream. no response. my body is shaking with fear and my breathing is going unsteady. "yeonjun, "yeonjun, this is stupid! you're mad - i get it, but this isn't making anything better! pull over!" i shout, taking a few deep breaths. i can't focus on any of our surroundings as everything's flashing past at such an extreme speed. "yeonjun! yeonjun, please!" i shout. "i understand that you're upset - i would be too, but being reckless and stupid won't help!" i take a few more short breaths. "your dad was out of order, so i get that you're mad. if you pull over, we can talk about it!" i say, just trying to get him to stop. i'm panicking.

"there's nothing to talk about! he's just some sick, cruel, selfish, controlling son of a bitch! i want him out of my life! i don't want him to be a part of it! i don't want to talk about him, look at him, even think about him ever again!" he shouts. but as he continues, his shouts merge into blurred noise as my head goes somewhere else.

i've only ever been in a car going this fast once before. my mom was driving, with my sister and i in the back. she was speeding to the hospital, where my dad was taken into urgent care after being in a car accident. we were told it was likely he wouldn't make it, and there was such a rush of emotion - shock, fear, pain, chaos. we wanted to see him before it happened. we wanted to say goodbye. i remember going so fast that my tears weren't sliding foes my face but instead were being pushed out either side of my eyes. my heart was pounding, my body shaking, my breathing uneven and my head was clouded by overwhelming emotion.