♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟲 !

when we got home, yeonjun goes straight upstairs, quickly. i watch him from the bottom of the stairs as everyone enters the house. jae runs over, jumping about at our feet.

"don't worry, sweetheart." siwoo says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "he can be like this sometimes. it's nothing to stir over." she says, smiling at me. "right, i'm just going to take jae out, be back soon. she says collectively to all of us.

jihye goes to the living room and flops onto it immediately. the walking has been a lot for her little legs today. sehun walks into his office, and juwon steps closer to me.

"were you there?" he says quietly.

i look at him.

"when he goth the black eye." he says. he's noticed it too. brilliant.

oh god. if i give anything away, yeonjun will be in more trouble than he already is.

"i won't tell anyone, promise." he says.

"uh-" i start to say but am luckily interrupted when sehun calls juwon into the kitchen.

i pause, considering what to do with myself. even though he treats me like crap, i can't help my legs from wondering up the stairs and straight to yeonjun's bedroom.

i knock twice, before i slowly push his door open.

he looks up at me from where he's sat on the end of his bed.

i step inside.

"did i say come in?" he says.

i ignore him. i think i'm just coming to terms with the fact that he isn't a nice person. i sit on his bed beside him in silence, and he just sighs, accepting that i'm not going to leave. he kicks his shoes off before lying back on the bed.

"what are you going to say?" i ask him, referring to when his mom inevitably comes to talk with him about the black eye.

he shakes his head. "i don't know." he says.

i sit, staring at his ceiling. "is telling them the truth one of the options you're considering?" i ask him.

he scoffs, staring at his ceiling. "no. corse not." he says. "if my dad knew i took you to a party, he'd-" he says, stopping himself from getting worked up.

"is your mom an understanding person?" i ask him.

"she's a pushover. she's easy to manipulate." he says.

"well then, as long as your dad never finds out and you can get your mom to keep it to herself then it will be fine." i say, trying to be optimistic.

he shakes his head at the ceiling. "i'm already keeping secrets from him. there's no way this can turn out okay." he sighs.

i'm curious what secrets he's keeping, but i don't ask. he'd probably bite my head off if i did that.

"yeonjun." sehun says, suddenly opening the door without warning.

yeonjun sits up.

"a word." he says before walking off, expecting yeonjun to be following.

this isn't good. i thought siwoo would be the one talking with him. why is sehun talking with him.

yeonjun locks eyes with me, as if to say, 'i'm dead' before he gets up and walks out of the room.

i stay sat on his bed for a second, looking around his bedroom. i friend it strange how plain everything is. it's a nice room, don't get me wrong, but there's no character to it. you can't figure out what music he likes, what sports he plays, what hobbies he has, what books he reads, what shows he watches. it just makes him even harder to read.