5. Ashley

A lady dressed in jeans and a hoodie stood at the front porch, waiting for us. Her grey hair were tied in a bun. Her lips tinted cherry. Damn, what a cool granny Alex had. If not for the fact that I have met her before, I wouldn't believe it. She looked so lively and young.

Her smile beamed from a steps away. All the sadness from earlier faded into nothing as a smile replaced my nonchalant look. I felt Alex's hand on mine as he took my suitcase. "You don't have to." He said, so very gently. It sent shivers down my body.

I turned my head, staring in his eyes for once. The golden sun of the summer shone on our faces. "Hm?" I stared at him, confused.
He smiled and passed me a look, leaning in, kissing my head. "Get your act together." He whispered in my ear. The coldness was again alive but despite that I nodded in a please manner.

I walk towards the old lady and she opens her arms wide and pulls me in a hug. "Oh Ashley, I waited so long to see you. I almost thought he'd date a goth but I am not any less happy to see you!" She said and it made me chuckle.

"I too thought I'd date a goth granny." I heard Alex as I pulled away. I looked at him and noticed his eyes were fixed on me. "Until I met her." He continued and his eyes seeped into mine. As if he meant it. I looked away instantly, reminding myself. He. Is. Pretending.

"I really have been waiting to see you Ma'am." I said to her and she frowned. "Call me Rachel alreadyy!! I hate being addressed so formally!"
My eyes turned to Alex and he shrugged. I noticed that small smile on his lips. "Don't look at me, She is your granny from now on, so you decide. Since she's forgotten me already." He taunted.

Rachel laughed. "Aw my guy. Come here! I missed you more. I am just excited to be finally meeting the love of your life." She pulled him in a hug and trust me I had never seen him be more happier. That smile that showed that cute dimple on one side.

He wasn't the Alex from a few minutes ago. He was back to his normal self. That carefree sarcastic jerk, I hated. I smiled lightly at the interaction. Soon, we made our way inside. The house looked so aesthetic. The golden lights, the wooden theme. Everything.

There was a bar just beside the kitchen. The two bar stools seemed like calling out to me. I needed a drink after all this and for what was to come. Alex was continuously pestering Rachel after I put all the blame on him for not visiting her. I smirked as I watched her glare at me from a distance.

I sipped the lemonade she had made for me. She was so generous, especially the fact that she had already made me laugh a couple times. This was the only thing I was grateful for. I loved that feeling. But it somehow made me think about the past. When it all went down the drain. My and Alex's friendship, his sister and mine relationship, his grandfather's only souvenir to his grandmother.

I stared blankly at the kitchen counter. My eyes stung as I gulped painfully. Why was I even thinking about it when I promised I never would? When Alex told me that I had no right to be guilty about it? He said so and I believed him all this time and I always will.

I felt a warm touch on my waist and the engulfing softness and warmth on my back. I blinked, coming out of my trance. "Um, sorry, I was not paying attention. You know.. I.." I stuttered but stopped when I realised what Alex was doing. His hand was around my waist and his chest was pressed against my back. I stiffened as I turned my head to look up at him.

He leaned in, placing his head on my shoulder. "What are you thinking about, Nicotine?" He whispered and I turned my head away. I felt heat creep inside of me, my cheeks and my ears. A shade of deep red would have been so evident.

"Um, nothing I hate travelling, it makes me super tired." I said, forcing a smile when I felt another person's presence around me. My hand touched his on my waist. Deep inside I fought the urge to push it away because clearly Rachel was there secretly peeking at us.

"You like the place?" He asked again. I breathed out deep. My insides were churning. Heat crept more inside of me. The fire was lit and I hated to admit it that the simplest touch from him did things to me.
"I love it." I answered honestly.

"Don't blush too hard, peach. You'd blow your cover." I heard him and I choked on empty air. His hand caressed my back and he patted it.
"Are you okay?!" Thick sarcasm laced his voice. I flinched and nodded.

My eyes followed that smug look on his face as he walked away. He looked back over his shoulder. "Come on, let's freshen up." He winked at Rachel and I rolled my eyes placing my cup down.

Rachel smirked at me. "Don't freshen up too much, I need you both ready for a walk tomorrow morning. Personally I am leaving for a dinner with my friends tonight. I hope you don't mind it?"

"Of-course not. I am also too tired to eat. I will see you in the morning then. Good night and have fun!" I smiled and she patted my shoulder. Rachel had a spirit of a girl in early twenties and I fucking loved it!

I noticed how Alex leaned against the staircase, waiting for me. I gave Rachel one last look and then I followed him. He calmly ascended the stairs and I noticed that there were a few workers who greeted us and immediately walked off. There were several rooms and the second floor seemed spacious than the first. Maybe due to the lack of furniture.

He opened the door and I spotted our luggage. I peeked inside. "Your room is very pretty. Where is mine? And what is my luggage doing in your room?" I frowned standing at the entrance, afraid to step inside. The room seemed like a master bedroom, spacious, vintage and with a queen sized bed, enough to fit three.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me in. He instantly locked the door behind. "First, keep your damned voice down. And second, we have to share the room. You can't be dating for an year and not sleep together. And according to her, we are in a live-in." He said everything in one go and as if he was speaking a foreign language; the only reply I had was," what?"

It took me sometime to realise it. "No!" I frowned. I was planning on having a full room to myself to at-least get a good nice sleep but- no! Either way it was uncomfortable. I could not risk sharing room with someone who makes me feel so many emotions. He made me nervous and I couldn't.

No matter in what way I thought, not with Alex! It was risky as well. I couldn't imagine sharing my personal space with him. "I am not sharing a room with you, that's it." I was about to reach for the door when he caught me and pulled me back. My back once again hit his chest as he held me captive with my hands on my back.

"Lower your voice first. We will find a solution but only if you stop being an immature or at-least listen to my reasoning!" He hissed in my ear. My jacket was long gone and I felt his warmth everywhere. The sundress was too thin to contain the warmth of our skins.

I pushed him but he was stronger. "Alex why don't you understand me? I have never dated and I have never done anything like this. I am simply afraid of exposing myself too much." I sighed. Maybe being honest would help? And I was right.

He let me go. I hissed. "Damn you, it hurts!" I rubbed my wrist and he breathed out. He gestured me to take a seat on the bed and I quietly did.

"Listen Nicotine, you have to understand that It's tough for me too. If someone, you must know the best that I don't date. And it's not easy for me either. But let's just make a peace bond here. I won't hurt you, being a generous being. I won't touch you, because again you are definitely not my type and such a turn off. What are you afraid of? If you want your space, just tell me to leave and I'd give it to you. It's just for a few days and after this, we wouldn't even see each other."

Ouch! Some part of it hurt me. Especially the last one but I knew the solution was cooperating. I nodded. "Okay." I got up and walked towards the bathroom. His words repeated themselves in my head. Fucker! I paused and looked back before I entered. "And also, don't underestimate me Alex. I could be intoxicating even if I am not your type. I hate it when someone disrespects my sexuality." I closed the door behind and leaned against it.

There was this anger inside me. Not his type? What was even his type? The one night things? What a choice. Fuck him!