27. Alex

I looked over my shoulder to check if Ashley was catching up. Well, to my surprise she was busy having a conversation with the new Manager of the orphanage. That tall muscular handsome jerk who has been flirting with her since last three days of us working here. I accompanied her, especially after realising that the orphanage had way too much chaotic environment than it used to.

I usually sat through the lectures she'd give  just watching her teach the students and I wasn't complaining. That was the best thing to do. I'd rather watch her than sit amongst old ladies and be inquired about my private matters. Moreover, I loved watching her being herself and I loved reminding myself how sensible of a woman I had an eye on.

Later when we got back to the penthouse, I was busy with all the meetings and office work and Ashley was busy writing her book. Everything changed since that one night, when she called me beautiful. I smiled at the thought of it. I looked over my shoulder and I saw Ashley talking with Richard. She smiled like she normally would to any of her friends. I sighed when I noticed the gleam in Richard's eyes. He was totally into her.

Something stirred inside me. I felt a burn when I noticed her point something out on her hair. I saw it too, a small fallen leaf stuck in the strands. I paused as I turned around walking towards them. My eyes fixed on Richard's hand in Ashley's hair as he passed her a bright smile. He was fucking handsome and had two freaking dimples. I felt mad at her for some reason. I didn't want to but I did. Was this what jealousy felt like? I was jealous. Very Jealous.

"Let's go babe." I said as I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards myself. She stumbles as she came forward in my arms with a surprise. I didn't even spare him another glance and I did notice how awkwardly Ashley passed him the smile.

"Easy Alex, I am so not into stealing someone else's girlfriend." He said with a small chuckle.

"Is that why you look at her this way? I am a dude Richard, I know." I muttered as I started walking and Ashley was smiling ear to ear.

"I already told Richard that you're my boyfriend. You didn't have to be that rude just now." She said slyly.
"Was I? And why do you even seem happy if I was rude?" I turned my head towards her, tilting it sideways.
Ashley scoffed. "You're just jealous. I know." She tucked her tongue on the inside of her cheek. We started walking towards the car and that's when she asked me the weirdest question. "Why did you sign the contract with this orphanage about these classes I am volunteering for?" She said with a hint of realisation reflecting in her voice.

"Because they offered me the opportunity. Also I had been funding this orphanage since I was 19, so I have a special bond with those children." I lied. A half-truth kinda lie. She nodded her head silently.

I licked my lips which were going dry. "Do you have a chapstick Ashley? My lips are dry weirdly, maybe due to fall but I... "  I didn't even complete the sentence when I felt her peck my lips with hers.

"Why need a chapstick when you have me." She giggled. And I was awestruck. My heart jumped in my chest. I was not used to this sweet kind of romance anymore but it made my heart flutter a bit too much lately. I rubbed my lips together.

"You're not completely useless." I muttered as I opened the car door for her. I was effortlessly a gentleman around her from last few days. I circled around, hopping inside myself.
"Well I am pretty useful, you just have to Explore." She said as she fastened her seat belt.

"You wouldn't let me explore, I tried so many times in last few days." I said as a matter of fact mimicking her amused expression. But something changed, something stirred between us. That stare of her changed from amused to something intense.
"Come on Alex, when did I? I am waiting like an abandoned island, to be explored, to be used, to be enjoyed, to have an ecstatic experience."