9. Ashley

I sighed as I eyed the clock, It was almost midnight. The chef and the servants had left already. I was all alone, so bored yet so relaxed. What a day it was for me to wake up to a delicious breakfast I didn't have to make. After years of living independently, it felt nice to have a break from my usual routine.

I wanted to write something bad and it was weird. I really wanted to give up on writing then why all of a sudden was I tempted to write? Maybe I was bored, at least at that moment it sounded convincing to me. And I did, I wrote carelessly about whatever that was on my mind. A story about a rich heiress where she had everything she wanted but a man who could love her the way she craved. And she found the same man in a person she would never imagine, her acquaintance of years.

I did nothing all day except eat, write and repeat. It was a good day and I wanted to enjoy it. But there I was, bored and sitting on couch in living room, not really enjoying the confession that played on screen. Never been a movie person because I was a book person. I shut my eyes as I leaned back, crossing my legs one over the other and my arms over my chest.

A sigh left my lips but just then I heard the engine roaring closer to the apartment and then stop abruptly. I hear the sound of window being shit forcefully and then footsteps. I even hear keys clinking, door knob turning and a creek sound the door made when it was open wide and then shut with a loud thud.

My insides churned, there was just a single person. I opened my eyes as I felt someone getting closer, I turned my head and what I saw left me in an awe. Alex, with a leather jacket on, his hair messed up completely, the red on his cheeks and eyes gave away the drunken state despite the aloofness of his face.

"You haven't slept yet?" He frowned slightly. Man wasn't exactly drunk, but maybe a little tipsy? I gulped nervously. He looked like a delicious feast to me. The way he ran his hand through his hair and gently removed his leather jacket, flexing his biceps. FUCK.

He slumped himself next to me. A hand instantly reaching for my waist. What the fuck. "What the fuck are you doing Alex?" I frowned as he pulled me closer and then with another pull made me sit on his thighs. My head resisted but my body fluently danced to the rhythm of his hands. I simply sat there looking at him.

My heart thundered in my chest. This all seemed familiar. My dream? Maybe. He smiled lightly as he leaned back on the couch. "Just how I thought it'd be." He smirked and I frowned deeper. Something was on and something was so off.

"What do you mean?" I asked keeping a hand on his chest to keep him from pulling me closer. A safe distance. But that didn't work because he rose. His one hand grabbed my wrist, wrapping gently around it as he pulled it away. His face inching closer.

"I am sorry, A little freaky today since I am drunk." He whispered as he scanned my face. My heart skipped another beat. Why was I even letting him do that to me? He closed the distance between us in just a split second. His nose brushing mine. I gulped again, trying hard to not give in to his seduction. This could be a new game and I didn't want to lose.

"Ashley. Grandma isn't coming home tonight. It's just you and me." He whispered again grazing his lips right under cheekbones. His voice seeped into my skin sending shivers all over my body. I shut my eyes. Heat ran through every part of me but too bad I couldn't give in. Not then not ever.

"What do you mean Alex?" Oh fuck me for acting so clueless. He chuckled as his other arm supported my waist, his torso still taller than mine. His lips brushed my earlobe this time as he gently rested his head on my shoulder. I stretched my neck, trying to get away but amidst I gave him more access to inch closer to my nape.

He didn't move and just stayed there. I didn't get any answers from him. All I knew was that we had never been closer like this before. I don't know if it was the alcohol in our systems or the serenity of the night. It was weird. I didn't want to push him away but I didn't want to continue that either.